Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Do you know how much this hurts me?

I actually picked the Ohio State to win the friggin' NCAA tournament. After watching Roomie stretch her lead to 4-1 last year by siding with Satan (she picked the Dookies), I realized that I might have to compromise my morals too and go to the Dark Side. Unlike Luke Skywalker, the pull of the Dark Side was simply too much considering I could not afford to fall even further behind one Roomie Cubes.

I have Ohio State beating Kansas in the finals (SOOOOO original I know) and I am one of the few people who have Pitt making it to the Final Four, mainly because BYU as a 3 isn’t good enough to beat the No.2 Florida in that bracket and we just cannot have the Gators in the Final Four.

And for my fourth, UConn, baby, beating Arizona in the Elite 8.

As for Georgia, I have them beating U-Dub in the first round and as much as I want to believe that Gerald Robinson Jr is fast enough to combat the UNC freshman point guard or that Thompkins, as a 1st team All-SEC, could neutralize Barnes, or that Mark Fox could be thinking about going up against Roy Williams next season as an ACC Coach (PLEASE no to that NC State rumor…), I just am not thinking that my Dawgs can beat the Tar Heels. I initially picked Georgia to the Sweet 16, where they’d lose to Syracuse, but I had to change it. Cheer with your heart, pick with your head. Two years ago I had Georgia going to the Sweet 16….didn’t happen. I am going with the odds and praying I am wrong.

But how does Georgia stand up to U-Dub? The Huskies have that super-small, super-quick Isaiah Thomas and his backup who likes to give 16-year-old girls alcohol. The Huskies beat Arizona for the Pac-10 tournament title (and Gus Johnson’s head exploded), after making a deep run in last year’s Big Dance. They average something like 80 points, but they haven’t faced off against Georgia BABY! (That is what I am telling myself).

As much as I want Georgia to roll to the Final Four, I have to be a professional here and go to the Dark Side in order to beat Roomie. Darn you Ohio State! But I hope you guys win…..I feel dirty.

No comments: