Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Redskins fan wonders about the Falcons plan of attack

the one thing that would bother me if I was a Falcons fan (and sort of bothers me as a Redskins fan to be COMPLETELY HONEST) is that the Bucs ended up with DQuan Bowers in the SECOND FRIGGIN Round.

True he has to go through Microfracture surgery so he misses 2011. He'll be back by 2012, which would be his rookie year if he had stayed for his senior Clemson season. you take a flyer on the guy, make sure he gets healthy per YOUR people, you pay him what a SECOND ROUNDER MAKES (remember, this guy was being talked about as a first overall pick) and if he busts, how many second rounders bust EVERY year?

As a redskins fan, I am glad we took Hankerson from Miami in the third round, but you're telling me that my #49 pick (sent to Jax) went to Indy where I could have had Bowers and then my No.53 pick went to Chicago, who picked Stephen Paea, a DT that would have looked nice in a Washington uni?

As a Falcons fan, one thing you do have to be bummed a bit over is that Randall Cobb would have been there for your second round pick, same with Miami's Brandon Harris. You take Jimmy Smith the Colorado DB at #27 then Cobb in round two? or do you take Jon Baldwin from Pitt (a WR) then Harris the CB in the second round?

But the Falcons gambled and took Jones. Hopefully for Atlanta fans it works out. I just wonder if staying put and getting the CB/WR combo over Julio would have been better.

No comments: