Friday, October 8, 2010

So if you want it, here it is; come and get it

The backlash was horrible last week. I was nearly run out of blogspot for not providing a weekly picks. Not sure why, but since you guys wanted it, HERE IT IS.

On a side note, I will be calling a double-header of football tonight at Hallford Stadium for GPB.org/sports, beginning at 5pm. Stephenson v Newton (should be awesome) then Southwest DeKalb v Dunwoody (did I mention Stephenson v Newton?). Log on and tell your friends! Then check me out tomorrow around 9:25 on 790 The Zone for the High School recap, read my stuff on GPB.org/sports and GAPREPNEWS.com, but miss me Sunday as I'll be at Turner Field covering the Braves instead of doing the radio show from 1-4. Sorry, but you should be able to read my stuff on www.scoreatl.com as well as here.

NOW THEN, ON TO THE PICKS

Tonight's action...
No.22 Oklahoma State @ Louisiana Lafayette. WHY ARE YOU TRAVELING TO UL-L when you are FRIGGIN' RANKED? This ISN'T one of those teams that should require a return trip and I don't think the Alumni REALLY want to go here (like the Wisco fans apparently LIKE to do with UNLV). Come ON Pokes! Seriously? I hope you lose to these guys just for going to their house. But you won't. I mean Georgia beat these guys. They can't be that good!

UConn @ Rutgers. So UConn really let the Big Easy down this season and I am not really sweating out the Aaron Murray v Tom Savage thing anymore. Umm, at home, go with Savage and the Scarlet Knights. LOSING LAKATOS REALLY HURT, DIDN'T IT!?!?!

SATURDAY'S ACTION
Indiana @ #2 Ohio State. This game is apparently on ESPN-3D. REALLY? I really need to see television in 3D? Do I have to wear those STUPID GLASSES? I think 3D television with glasses is just about the dumbest idea EVER! Make it so I don't NEED glasses and then we'll talk. Even still, why am I watching TV in 3D? Is the ball going to come FLYING AT ME? I would say that pass is an incomplete then. Ohio State.

Minnesota @ #20 Wisco. All I have to say is THANK GOODNESS FOR THE BIG TEN NETWORK. I am not subjected to accidentally flipping this game on by accident. Go with Michael Queen's Badgers. PS, listen for MQueen this Sunday from 1-4 on 790 The Zone.

Syracuse @ SoFla. Just checking to see if you are actually reading this. I'm not picking this game. COME ON!

BC @ NC State. The two most recent VaTech victims. let's see....Russell Wilson looked good against GT but threw three picks v VaTech. Hmmmm BC was shutout by the Hokies. I'm going with State. Mainly because I think Tom O'Brien likes beating his old school

Illinois @ Penn State. And it's on ESPN2......Happy Valley, welcome to the Pam Ward Dance Party! WooooHooooo! We Are. Penn State. wins this one and then dances the night away.

CMU @ VaTech. For my thoughts on Darren Evans and how he is making up for a lost season, check out http://chuckoliver.net

Baylor @ Texas Tech. Tubs knows how to shut down a bad team. Baylor certainly isn't good. Red Raiders shoot em up! Wait, was that too un-PC? Wasn't Jon Favreau in PCU? How does that relate to this game? Dunno.

Tennessee @ Georgia. I just hope the team can send Russ out with a respectable showing. With this team, I'm not sure what "respectable" is though.....

Wyoming @ #5 TCU. I heard that TCU might move to the Big East? I guess they'd fit in as they are East of Arizona, but that would be AWESOME. Next let's get Boise State to move to the Big XII, along with Nevada and we'd have ourselves some REAL conferences again. PS, Wyoming? These were the people whose cheerleaders didn't like their attire, right? Or was that Idaho? Don't remember. One of those "only crazy people live here" states.

17 Michigan State @ 18 Michigan. I asked a Michigan Man to explain to me why this rivalry isn't really a rivalry, and I wasn't satisfied with his answer. If you know, please help me out here. You'd THINK this would be bigger....oh well. michigan and Denard Robinson gets the win. PS, if Robinson keeps going for 500+ all-purpose yards, he should win the Heisman, even if Michigan finishes 8-4. And anyone that says he cannot: Remember when Tebow won the Heisman? Florida lost to Georgia, michigan and LSU (and Auburn too I think). It can happen. Just letting you guys know what SHOULD happen. Nah, they'll give it to Troy Smith, I mean TPryor of Ohio State.

UCLA @ Cal. SWEET, WE FINISHED 8th in the PAC-10! That's what the winner will say. The winner: UCLA.

UVA @ GT. Ahh, you are realizing that we aren't doing the "local rooting interest" category. Georgia doesn't deserve one and why should I treat GT like they are special? Their fight song is the Bud song. And they dance to that Beyonce song. For more of my thoughts on this game, head to http://chuckoliver.net and see the UVa coverage.

Klimpsen @ UNC. Dabo, you LET Miami win that game. Shame on you Dabo! You'll beat Butch this week. But until then, you get called Klimpsen!

#3 Oregon @ Wazzou. Interesting situation here. If Oregon rolls up another 60+ points and Ohio State squeaks out another one, do the voters have the BALLS to put the Ducks ahead of the Buckeyes? I would. But alas I don't vote. Why doesn't the AP recognize SBF? Maybe SBF should get into the ranking biz itself! Take THAT AP!

Oregon State @ #9 Arizona. This is typically a game that Mike Stoops chokes in and you KNOW Oregon State could view this game as the one to save the season that saw them fail SBF by losing to BOTH TCU and Boise State. PS. I think the BCS is SOOO mad at the Beavs, that even if they rallied and won the Pac-10, the BCS wouldn't let them play. I'm going with the Wildcats. DO IT ARIZONA!

Colorado @ #24 Mizzou. Ahh a Big XII North powermatchup. If history is any forecaster, Colorado will drop this one just like Okie State did last year after beating Georgia. You can't be lucky forever Colorado! I mean, this ain't intramurals, Brutha!

#8 Auburn @ UK. I keep waiting for Auburn to drop one, but perhaps they won't until they host Georgia in November (waiting for you to stop laughing.) UK will beat them up, but not beat them. Tigers/WarEagles/Ironmen slap the Wildcats.

#12 LSU @ @14 Florida. The AJC's Mark Bradley TOTALLY stole my angle of how Georgia can still win the SEC. Didn't even give me credit. THIEF! Anyways, I would LOVE for LSU to win this one, but being on the road Les won't get the bailout call and the Gators will think they've really done something by beating UNDEFEATED LSU, but the Tigers just plain suck.

#23 FSU @ #13 Miami. Wasn't this supposed to be a preview of the ACC CHampionship game? Maybe it still is, but both of these teams were exposed in the only games they've played this year. I say FSU further exposes Miami.

USC @ #16 Stanford. Now everyone will be rooting for the secretly-poorsport Jimmy Harbaugh to lay 90 on USC and Lane Kiffin but maybe we should take a minute to think about Coach O of USC who is in the hospital. Wait, what? He is just ripping off Urban Meyer's recruiting strategy of "Fake an illness, go to the hospital and then be clearly fine, only after you've told a big-time recruit that you will only be able to survive if he signs with your school." It worked for Urban last year. Coach O is trying it out now? Guess we'll see in two weeks when he comes back RIGHT AS RAIN. GO CARDINAL. And if someone could tell the 3X All-American who is an "EXPERT" that it is Cardinal, not the Cardinals. They aren't the Arizona NFL team or the St. Louis baseball team. "Expert," huh? Term being used VERY loosely. Like Na from Survivor. AKA Loose.

Pro-Style Action.
Redskins v Packers. Can the Redskins build off of the Philly win? Well they've proven they beat NFC East rivals, but no one else. I'm going with Green Bay.
Falcons @ Cleveland. Why is Dave FM saying that the Browns are scary because they beat Cincy last week? Actually, why are music DJs talking sports at all? Falcons EASILY win this one.

Upset and Lock picks
#1 Alabama @ #19 SoCar. This is step three of Georgia winning the SEC East. Step One: Dawgs beat Tenn. Step Two: Florida loses to LSU. Step Three: Get her to open the box. Oops, wrong set of directions. I meant So Car loses this one and then later to Arkie and Florida, and then Georgia is SO IN! ROLL TIDE!

#11 Arkie @ TAMU. Apparently the Texas A&M Offense is really explosive. (Wasn't in the Independence Bowl last year against Georgia. OH!) The Aggies have had an extra few days by playing last Thursday. True Arkansas had the off-week last week, but I am going with TAMU to spring the upset in Jerry World, even though Jerry Jones, an Arkie Alum will likely have paid off the officials.

Have a great one everybody!

No comments: