Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The first class of the SBF Hall of Fame

The votes have been counted and taken into consideration and SportsbyFletch is PROUD to offer A big time congratulations to the inaugural SBF Hall of Fame Class. Thanks to everyone that voted. Here are the members of the first class of HoFers. To those that didn't make, don't worry, you can possibly be up for candidacy next year.

The OC. I loved this show (still do and watch the Chrismukkah episodes every year post-Thanksgiving) and so did pretty much EVERYONE I know. It had great writing (well, great if you were a 14-year-old girl, which I sort of am when it comes to television), hot chicks, funny dudes and Autumn Reeser. The first seven episodes were dynamite and while I wanted to murder Oliver, wasn't that kind of the point? Kudos to Josh Schwartz (a candidate that didn't make it, but might just get in next year) for coming up with a show that was appointment television for its run. Tell me you didn't cry when Ryan's mom left in episode three and Kirstin said, "Ryan's going to live with us now." Tell me you didn't get teary in the season one finale. You didn't get goosebumps at the end of the season two premiere? You didn't imitate Marissa when she would say "Hey! or DJ!"? You didn't LOVE the Rainy Day episode or the Marissa/Alex makeout scene? You weren't cheering for Volcheck to kill Marissa in Season Three? I know I was! And when Autumn Reeser made the final season watchable, WOW. She was good. The entire show was a supernova: so hot yet over so quickly. I just wish the show had been able to run its course in the final year. Oh well, but CONGRATS THE OC, you are the first ever member of the SBF Hall of Fame. (Well, second, in a way as Aaron Sorkin received the SBF Lifetime Achievement award at the last Fletcher Globes, which sort of comes with a spot in here.)

Bacon. It is pretty clear here. Bacon was on EVERYONE's ballot. It goes amazingly well with EVERYTHING. You can eat it by itself, on a sandwich, as a condiment, as a topping, WHATEVER. I have NEVER added bacon to something and then regretted it. I can pretty much say that bacon-wrapped ANYTHING is better than that same food sans bacon. If the question is "You know what would make this better?" The answer is ALWAYS Bacon! Vegans, you guys are dopes because you'll never have bacon. Actually, fine with me; more BACON for me.

Labor Day Weekend. While the official end of summer is sad, you get to spend one final day in the pool and OH YEAH, COLLEGE FOOTBALL BEGINS! A day off work to lay by the pool and recover from drinking for two straight days while watching college football? WOW. Oh yeah. Even better: you know that Labor Day means that the weather will be getting a little brisk before too long. I LOVE Labor Day. Usually Georgia wins that first game too. Maybe not in 2011 though.....

DJ Pauly D. A bit of an upset, but the people seemed to want DJ Pauly D in the Hall of Fame and why should I argue. With all due respect Situation, Pauly D was the only reason to watch Season Two of The Jersey Shore and whether The Cabs were Heah, or it was T-Shirt Time or Alligators were going to eat him, YEAH, Pauly D was My Dude. That Blowout hairdo and the first pump....pretty hard to beat the always-likeable Pauly D. In now way AT ALL a douche and a true friend to both Sitch and Vinny. I probably wouldn't mind hanging around Pauly D, simply because he seems like an alright guy and not a douche like Situation or a meathead like Ronnie or a puss like Vinny. Pauly D is the best parts of all of those other Jersey Boys.

Joel McHale. His biting humor and use of the skinny tie has been an inspiration to me, though I am sick of people saying that I stole his sense of humor. Sorry, I've been rocking that since before McHale was on The Soup. (I did steal his skinny tie though...). I also think he is quite funny on topics other than The Hills and the Kardashians though. I saw his standup and his family stuff was better than his On-Camera stuff. Watch out though Joel, Daniel Tosh is coming up in a hurry.

And the final member of the inaugural class was a write-in: Giada De Laurentiis. The chick can cook and has a nice rack to show off in the process. She was my unofficial first wife (though I think my current wife is much hotter and funnier) though it is probably good we got a pretend divorce for our pretend marriage, otherwise I'd weigh 900 lbs and would have to be moved with a crane. She also introduced several words into our vocabulary that still drives Roomie crazy. Rustic = lazy! But let's be honest: was I really watching Giada cook? No. Really just watching her lean over to peel those carrots. Thanks to Roomie for writing in Giada!

Congrats again to the inductees and thanks to everyone who voted.

2 comments:

unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
unknown said...

Layla Cole didn't make it? I demand a recount!!!!