Sunday, December 12, 2010

There goes Florida again....LOOK AT ME!

I guess Florida cannot let ANYONE else have the spotlight. Nope. It always has to be about Florida. Well I guess they got spoiled when Tebow was there and EVERYONE was heaping praise on them from ESPN to CBS to ABC...When the spotlight gets taken away, they come up with something to get the headlines back.

Sad really.

No REAL Gators were up for any awards last week during the College Awards show, so Urban chooses THAT day to resign...again (remember with everyone talking about Bama and Texas last year, is when he quit for the first time.)

Then on the night that the Heisman is to be announced and a former Gator's day in the sun would start, they announce Will Muschamp as their new head coach.

Guys, it is OK for one of the other 119 schools to get the headlines. Just saying.

PS, as a Georgia fan, I LOVE the Muschamp hire. Sorry that I am about to bash the former Dawg, but are you kidding me? I think Mark Richt and the 2006 Georgia team just scored AGAIN against Muschamp's Auburn defense! I never understood why he was coach-in-waiting at Texas because I thought he was a bit overrated as a DC at Auburn. ( I realize he was DC for LSU and Saban in 2003, but how much of that was Muschamp and how much was Saban? I feel like I'm having the Kirby Smart discussion again)
Then he gets the Texas job with c-i-w status. Really? Clearly Mack Brown would be coaching for a few more seasons to get Muschamp ready, seeing as he has never been a HC before, right?

Now Florida hires him because he was the "only interview." (Perhaps Petrino, who chose to STAY AT ARKIE over coming to Florida and Dan Mullen and Petersen TURNED YOUR INTERVIEW REQUEST DOWN?!) As a Georgia fan, I am thrilled that a NEW coach with ZERO head coaching experience will be roaming the Gator sidelines. This was huge and Georgia dodged a bullet. Florida fans (and I've spoken to a couple) can try and talk themselves into this because "he's a great recruiter!" but I say SO WAS ZOOK.

Prediction: Muschamp isn't ready for primetime, like Zook and in four years, the Gators are going through this process again. Also, Georgia beats florida in 2011. CMR JUST SCORED AGAIN against that Auburn squad!

No comments: