Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th Picks....don't wall under a ladder or you'll explode

That is true I think. Or if you break a mirror today, I think you blow up like Violet at Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. You can look that up. Sorry I couldn't get to a midweek entertainment report this week, so I've decided to throw in some thoughts randomly during my picks blog. Enjoy. PS, I'll be in Athens doing the tailgate thang tomorrow, so if you disagree with me on the picks, just come and find me. I'm sure I'll be inebriated.
With no FURTHER ADO.......

Tonight! #25 West Va @ #6 Cincy. Noel Devine is banged up and Tony Pike still isn't playing for Cincy. It won't matter. The Fighting Larrys just plug in a sophomore QB and they keep rolling. Expect Inbred Jed and the rest of the Mountaineers to lose on the road because they won't feel at home without the burning couches everywhere. If only they were playing in Detroit.... Bearcats.

Saturday's action..
#3 Texas @ Baylor. This is an EASY Texas win, so let's talk about Steven Tyler. On Monday he leaves Aerosmith and Joe Perry Tweets the the band is looking for a new lead singer, then Tuesday he sings with Perry in one of Perry's solo shows. He even says that Perry is a colorful dude, but Tyler is "the F*CKING RAINBOW." Then both tell TMZ that Tyler never left and everything is cool. Whaaaaaaaa....? So does Aerosmith Rockband become a collector's item? Should I listen to Big Ones and recall the fonder days? I need to know.

#15 Houston @ UCF. So my former EVHEI Co-host Bobby Labertino is currently going to grad school at Houston and is a Cougar. He loves being called a cougar. I don't think guys can be cougars, but that is just me. And I also heard that George O'Leary tried to kick out a reporter that broke the news that two players wouldn't be playing last week. Houston has positive karma and O'Leary has some negative karma. I'm not sure about that stuff, but I've gotta think that Case Kennum is going to go nuts on the Golden Knights. Kind of like how Pat Swayze did (RIP) in Roadhouse. ROADHOUSE!

Indiana @ #18 Penn State. I am NEVER betting against Penn State. You hear that Kate? Even after they lose Yooge against Ohio State, I'm still not picking against them. I mean, I watched them lose to Iowa and then again to Ohio State, but I will NOT pick against them. Just for Penn Kate. (Although, Cake, remember. When I was picking against them, they were winning. Careful what you ask for. The expectations of SBF are sometimes too much to overcome.) I'm taking Penn State. FULMER TO INDIANA!

Syracuse @ Louisville. They say that if Krapthrope loses to Da Cuse and Gregory Paulus, then Krapthorpe is out come Monday. It would be the third loss to Krapthorpe in three years if my math is correct. I've gotsta think that Cuse will win this one. Louisville is pretty bad. And their stadium is just on the side of the highway from Atlanta to Chicago. just on the side of the road? Who are they? Georgia Tech? How about you push it back a bit? Maybe? FULMER TO LOUISVILLE!

Michigan @ #20 Wisco. Boy that Big 11 with all of those teams ranked from 18-25. WOW! Big 11 football! No WONDER they got their own network which no one can see! And I am sure it is out of respect that ESPN throws Pam Ward on all of their games. (Though she is at the GT/Duke game this weekend. Sorry Tech fans.) Back to this game. Michigan needs to beat either Wisco or Ohio State to go to a bowl. It won't happen. Wisco takes this one and holds their own dance party sans Pammy...since she is doing the Georgia Tech game. Hey CPJ, that is what ESPN thinks of you guys. You guys are Wisconsin/Northwestern announcing crew-worthy. Not good.

Tennessee @ Ole Miss. So three of Laney's recruits decide to pull an armed robbery outside of a Knoxville 7-11 (maybe not 7-11, could have been a Circle K or QuikTrip) and were too dumb wear a mask or ditch the hoodie after pulling a gun on another car. They were stopped and brought back to the scene and positively IDed. Lane hasn't commented on the situation yet (interesting, the first time he has stayed away from a mic...) but you have to think that Urban is LOVING that Nu'Keese in trouble or Les Miles likes that Janzen isn't in Red Stick. Is it too much to overcome? Yes. Jevan Snead and co wins at the Grove. I think Lane HAS to kick these guys off the team, but they are his guys, so he might keep them on the team and just suspend them for the rest of the year to show loyalty. He is in a sticky situation right not. Recruits have to wonder if this is how he is planning on building a program: taking all risks and hoping they don't screw up too badly. Not a good spot to be in right now for Lane. People were starting to give him props for being more than just a mouth. But now this....HA is all I have to say.

Clemson @ NC State. CJ Spiller should punch his OC in the face (And really Dabo too) for not getting him the ball more earlier in the season. They lost to TCU and Maryland because he didn't get enough touches. Now, they'll still prolly make it to the ACCCG for a rematch with Tech, but they could be talking BCS at-large with those two wins...On a side note, when Spencer visited the doctor on The Hills (or The Bu) I was VERY uncomfortable with all of the talk about getting a vasectomy. Just knowing that I am 6 or 7 years from having that done to me....cold shiver. Clemson wins FYI.

FSU @ Wake. Hey Wake Forest, thanks for letting GT get that first down in OT. Thanks. Presh. I'm sure you'll rally to beat FSU though! And I loved it when Roxy once again invited herself on another trip. And by LOVED I mean hated. Is Roxy dumber than She-Pratt? Why does Kelly Cuttrone keep hiring these people? Ohhh, because MTV makes her. That's right.

Michigan State @ Purdue. The Boilermakers and the Spartans. Funny, even the Big11 network didn't want this one. They made ESPN take it. Take Purdue at home. On a side note, Gerald Butler turns 40 today. PS, you're old. But PS, Wifey still loves you. Between this guy in that movie and that Nicholas Sparks guy (who writes the SAME BOOK OVER AND OVER) on her facebook, why am I even here?

UK @ Vandy. Is it true? Is Mike Hartline coming back for this game? Do you mean to tell me that Randall Cobb (UK's best QB) might not play QB next week against Georgia? Oh happy day. UGA is gonna win! UK is still 19 times better than Vandy though.

Mizzou @ K-State. I don't really care about this game (take K-State), but I think Russell's move last night in Survivor was crucial, they just decided on the wrong guy. Maybe taking out Kelly was what Shambo wanted to do, but it would have made more sense to blindside John, a guy that beats Russell in the challenges. He also thought that maybe Russell had the idol. Kelly is just going to go along with Laura and I know they wanted to take out Laura but she won the immunity. Why not take out a real threat instead of a follower. If Shambo really switches, then it is 5-5, but I'd rather, if I'm Foa Foa, have taken out one of the dudes on former Galu than Kelly. Plus Kelly is nice on the eyes. Don't get rid of her... One final note, hey Jeff, could you explain again what a rock slide is please?

#21 VaTech @ Maryland. So Underarmor is giving Maryland all black unis for a blackout, so Nike decides to fight back, and gives the Hokies all white to go up against the all-black. Ummm, they do realize that this game is going on at 1pm, right? It is kind of hot outside, (maybe not in Maryland, but still) so wouldn't the team in white be cooler and thus less tired? Didn't you guys see that episode of Seinfeld? Cotton! Take the White Hokies. (I didn't say White Honkies. Come on people)

#1 Florida @ So Car. The last time Tebow went to Columbia, he score 92 touchdowns and cemented his heisman-winning season. Can the Ole Ball Coach pull out some magic? No. The answer is no. Urban Meyer is the coach people should now think of first when the topic of Florida comes up. Urban, not the Visor. That's how it is. You don't think Urban loves sticking it to Spurrier when they play. He wants to be the best Florida coach ever. He'll crush Spurrier every time they play. You know he will. Including this one.

Stanford @ #9 USC. So with two losses, USC is still a top ten team? Is this 2007? I am so confused. Toby Gerhart is good, but come on....he's a white running back. It didn't work in Remember the Titans. It won't work against USC. I love Screech's cousin, but take the men of Troy. (PS, I used that last week at the Lassiter game and Charles Ward loved it. What witty reference will I use this week when Colquitt Co travels to Westlake? Log on to gpb.org/football tonight at 7:15 to find out!)

#14 Miami @ UNC. Butch Davis would surely love to stick it to his old team, but his old school is light-years ahead of his new one. UNC has REALLY taken a step back after a pretty good year last year. I guess they lost too much talent and former Pope QB TJ Yates couldn't do it all by himself. I won't say the U is back before OR after this game, though I'm sure you'll find some Cane fans who will after this game.

BC @ UVa. I certainly thought after that blocked punt last week that UVa was going to come back and make my upset of the week pick look genius. I was wrong. After getting 50 hung on them in Miami, why would I think that BC is going to be any different? Oh, because BC isn't as good as Miami. That's why. The Eagles will still beat the Cavs though. Poor Wahoos.

#2 Bama @ Miss State. If Sly Croom was still at Miss State, perhaps this would....nah. It would still be a blowout. And if Sly Croom had gotten the Bama job instead of Shula, then Bama wouldn't have Saban. Or they would have blown Croom out for Saban. Either way Croom is out of a job. Bama gets over this speed hump.

#17 Zona @ Cal. I am actually wearing my Arizona polo today, likely jinxing them. Well, not against Cal sans JBest. That tumble he took was nasty. WOW. Scary. Mike Stoops as No.17 in the country is scary too. My F-i-L is probably pulling his hair out over that one.

#16 Utah @ #4 TCU. Apparently if TCU wins this, they have a BCS bowl locked up. Hopefully one against Cincy so we don't have to watch. Or put them in one with Boise State so I don't have to watch. Any way you slice it, I won't watch TCU in a BCS bowl. Unless they play ND, then I'd watch and root for them to beat the Fupa. Hey Utah, you guys still want to brag and think you should have been national champs last year? Let's see, Bama didn't care about the Sugar Bowl and was missing several members from the o-line, THEN in the off-season, lost a RB, QB, three OL, and they are No.2 in the country. Perhaps they didn't care about you? Way to overcelebrate that one Coach Kyle!

Notre Dame @ #12 Pitt. Two offensive genii going head-to-head and I use the word genius with a grain of salt since Wanny the Stache and Charlie the Fupa aren't what we thought they were when they started as HCs. While Notre Dame has that offense, Pitt has a bit of a defense and the RB Lewis. Ballgame. Weis is gone. Will the Pats rehire him? Hmmmmmm. Will he EVER coach again? Doubtful.

ASU @ #13 Oregon. The return of LeGarrett Blount. I haven't felt this good about a pugilist's return since Mike Tyson took on Hurricane Pete. It is going to be awesome. If he has a bad game against the Sun Devils, will a backup lineman say something to him to see if he'll hit him? Will Blount? What are the odds? Can we check on this?

Special situations.
Lock of the week.
Idaho @ #6 Boise State. I don't think Chris Petersen wants to share the state spotlight with the Vandals, even if the cheerleaders wear slutty outfits and the team has a patch of the state on their butts. And while I want Idaho to knock off the unbeaten Boise State Broncos, I also don't want another team from the Potato state to suddenly skyrocket to fame. I couldn't handle it. So Go Broncos.

Upset of the Week. #10 Iowa @ #11 Ohio State. Sadly, this means Ohio State will likely go to the Rose Bowl. Oh well. They'll just lose again to USC or get beaten by Oregon. Iowa is No.10 in slotting rules only. They don't have a QB or a RB due to injuries so therefore Ohio State, also without a QB (no, Pryor isn't injured, just think about it...), will still win. I'd love Iowa to pull the stunner, but it isn't going to happen. If only Penn State had beaten Ohio State last week....

Local rooting interest.
#7 Georgia Tech @ Duke. Would all of the local radio hosts in town please stop saying that Duke's passing attack is going to give GT trouble! The Blue Devils might score 28 points on GT's weak defense, but the GT offense is going to put 40+ on Duke, all in front of Pam Ward. GT MIGHT lose to UGA or Clemson, but they are NOT going to lose to Duke. Come on people.

Auburn at Georgia. I will be at the game. It is either going to be 14-9 or 49-45. Not sure which and I'm not sure who wins. I will be rooting for Georgia, obvie, but I'm looking forward to the tailgate. See you then Roomie!

Have a great weekend and log in to gpb.org/football for Colquitt @ Westlake. I'll be there. Will YOU!?

No comments: