Monday, March 15, 2010

2nd annual SBF Bracket pool

After last season when I pulled a Boston Rob and DOMINATED the bracket pool on SportsbyFletch's first EVER tourney, I figured Roomie and Paul would probably be scared to challenge me. I still thought that perhaps they would enter OTHER bracket pools, (one with fellow plebians that they have a shot at winning) so I thought I'd post my picks so, IF THEY CHOOSE, they can swipe my picks and win those pools and feel good about themselves.
Hey, what can I say, I'm a nice guy.

With no further ado, my picks....

Midwest Region
First round
1 Kansas over Lehigh. KU has the most talented team in the bracket. (Was that a spoiler? you'll have to wait and see....)
8 UNLV over 9 Northern Iowa. In honor of Mikey and Trent I say UNLV doubles down and beats NIU by 11.
5 Michigan State over 12 New Mexico State. Sparty as a 5 seed? too low!
4 Maryland over Houston. In Georgia, it would be pronounced How-stun. Everywhere else it is pronounced DAY ONE LOSER.
6 Tennessee over 11 San Diego State. I LOVE San Diego....as a honeymoon destination
3 Georgetown over 14 Ohio. I wonder if the president will be on THIS CBS broadcast too like he was when the Hoyas beat Duke? Take the Hoyas.
10 Georgia Tech over 7 Okie State. What? You don't think I'm not still pissed that the Pokes beat Georgia then lost the next week to Houston? I AM! Their b-ball team suffers.
2 the Ohio State over 15 UC Santa Barbara. UCSB looked like a fun place on Newport Harbor (the short lived MTV show which was The REAL Real OC.) why did that show not get picked up for a second season? That one guy Clay was a drip but Grant seemed REALLY cool.
Second Round
Kansas over UNLV. The most talented team in the county against UNLV? Seriously? You question this pick?
Michigan State over Maryland. Sorry General Grevious, but you suffer the same fate as the cockroach from Star Wars: you lose to Sparty. Wait, was that what happened?
Georgetown over Tennessee. The Vols should have lost twice to Georgia. DQ. You are out
Ohio State over Tech. Don't worry Tech fans. Paul Hewitt WILL mess this one up.
Third round
KU over Michigan State. Sorry Sparty, but this one turns into 300-2 and Tom Izzo is NO Gerry Butler
Georgetown over Ohio State. Why? Because Obama threatens to leave Ohio out of the new health care plan unless the Hoyas win.
Fourth Round
KU over Georgetown. Come ON, Kansas is the most talented team in the field!

WEST REGION
1st round
1Syracuse over 16 Vermont. Hey citizens of Montpelier, you guys beat Da Cuse in 2005. This is payback
9 FSU over 8 Gonzaga. I have Gozaga overload disease. I've been told for SO many years that these guys are plucky and tough. PLEASE, they are the Boise State of college basketball. People are sick of rooting for this Cinderella. Is it midnight yet?
12 UTEP over 5 Butler. Butler is Gonzaga's stepbrother. We don't like your entire family!
6 Xavier over 11 Minnesota. Sorry Tubby, but I think you cashed all of your chips in during the Big11 tourney
3 Pitt over Oakland. Imagine being from Oakland and you get to GO TO THE TOURNEY all the way to...Milwaukee. Ouch.
7 BYU over 10 Florida. As Janovy said yesterday to me in a text, Florida cannot shoot.
2 K-State over North Texas. I still say Frank Martin was a "keep the player" hire.
2nd round
Da Cuse over FSU. Sorry Hitman.
Vandy over UTEP. SEC! SEC!
Pitt over Xavier. I'll be honest. I cannot name a SINGLE PLAYER on Xavier. (Or Pitt)
K-State over BYU. They will play this game on a Saturday because of the Mormons...
3rd round
Da Cuse over Vandy. I think the Orange's big man is back in time for this one, no sweat.
K-State over Pitt. The greatest K-State team since Beaz and Bill Walker! (Wait that was two years ago?)
4th round
Da Cuse over K-State. Syracuse is one of the three best teams in the country. K-State crumbles when it has to play the top teams. Sorry Frank

EAST REGION
First round
1 Kentucky over East Tennessee State. They are NOTHING without Gerald Robinson Jr., who transfered to Georgia. Well, they'd have lost to UK even with him.
9 Wake over 8 Texas. Boy did Rick Barnes drive this team into the ground. Plus I needed another upset.
12 Cornell over 5 Temple. And I needed a 12 to beat a 5.
4 Wisco over 13 Wofford. Don't think I'm not still angry about the Terriers beating Georgia earlier this season!
6 Marquette over 11 Washington. The Pac10 is TERRIBLE
3 New Mexico over 14 Montana. did they REALLY name a state after Joe?
7 Klimpsen over 10 Mizzou. Oliver Purnell pulls a Tommy Bowden and wins this one to keep himself off the hotseat ala Tommy Bowden
2 West Va over 15 Morgan State. After the Neers won the Big East title, I heard burning couches were FLYING off of roofs all over West Va. Most people though thought it was just Saturday night
Second round
Kentucky over Wake. They have the BEST PLAYER in the tournament. JOHN WALL.
Wisco over Cornell. I'm going with a guy named BO everytime. Sorry Smarties
Marquette over New Mexico. Seriously? We needed a new one? Wasn't the old one enough?
West Va over Klimpsen. That's OK Clemson fans, you'll start out next season 17-0!
Third round
Kentucky over Wisco. JOHN WALL
West Va over Marquette. Could Bob Huggins make his first final four?
Fourth Round
Kentucky over West Va. No

SOUTH REGION
First round
1 Duke over 16 Winthrop (who beat Ark-PB). A 16 has NEVER beaten a 1. Won't happen here.
9 Louisville over 8 Cal. The Pac10 SUCKS
5 TAMU over 12 Utah State. I've already picked 2 #12s. Enough!
13 Siena over 4 Purdue. Why are the Boilermakers even going? Hummel is hurt. Your season is OVER!
6 Notre Dame over 11 Old Dominion. As much respect as I have for the CAA, their champ goes down. Sorry Dave Cohen.
3 Baylor over 14 Sam Houston State. SHSU may be my favorite college name every year. Way more than Austin Peay. Maybe right behind Stephen F Austin.
7 Richmond over 10 St. Mary's. Giving the Spiders some LOVE
2 Nova over 15 Robert Morris. Robert Morris is NO Sam Houston!
Second Round
Duke over Lou-a-vul. And Rick Pitino leaves after the game to go to the Raptors?
TAMU over Siena. Siena gets Burnt! HA!
Baylor beats ND. Those people in WACO are CRAZY!
Nova beats Richmond. Not THAT much love Richmond
Third Round
Duke beats TAMU. Did I REALLY have Texas A&M in the S16?
Nova beats Baylor. Scottie Reynolds
Fourth Round
Nova over Duke. And Dickie V cries a little bit.

Final Four.
Kentucky beats Nova. JOHN WALL
Kansas beats Da Cuse. The best collection of talent in the field!

Title game:
Kentucky beats Kansas. John Wall will NOT BE STOPPED by Kansas. Carmelo part TWO!

No comments: