Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Midweek Entertainment report 3/10/10

One Corey down and one to go, Lohan is suing E-Trade, David Archuleta writing his life's memoirs and is anyone watching Idol?

Ladies and gentlemen, the midweek entertainment report!

BEATLES-like screaming!

So Corey Haim died last night/this morning. He was 38. The cause of death is not known though reports are saying that he was with his mom. Couldn't the coroner just ask her? I am sorry but I don't remember Corey Haim. I remember Feldmen because of the Goonies. But Haim? Apparently he was in The Lost Boys and Lucas, but I've never heard of those. I've heard of Corey Hart (The sunglasses at night guy), and I've heard of Corey Matthews (Ben Savage, if you will), but Corey Haim? His "work" doesn't stand out to me. I know he was on Two Coreys or whatever that crap A&E show was, but again that was with Feldmen. I guess I just feel that this guy's life probably went off track at some point and he tried to blame it on being a child actor. Ummm, wasn't John Cusack and Charlie Sheen and all of the kids from The Breakfast Club and ummmm EVERYONE ELSE from that Brat Pack era that seemed to do OK and not go off the deep end? I don't feel sorry for him because I never knew his work, just as a screw up that would do anything to stay in the limelight. Actually, it is a shame this didn't happen last week because he would have ended up in the Oscars montage...the closest he's ever been to the Oscars.

Speaking of child actors that are screwed up yet only have themselves to blame...Apparently Lindsay Lohan is suing E*Trade for $100M for the commercial using the name Lindsay for a "boyfriend stealing baby" who is a "milkaholic." Lindsay's PR people (who should be fired for this stunt) say that EVERYONE KNOWS that the "milkaholic" baby is a parody of her. And Lindsay Lohan apparently is ONLY going by Lindsay these days, so that is the reason EVERYONE KNOWS it is her? IT IS?! Wait, first off Lindz, you are an AL-co-holic, not a milkaholic. you should have been flattered that they weren't calling you a lush. Milk is GOOD for you. Secondly, it was a BOYfriend-stealing baby. You dated a GIRL named Sam. Quasi-lezbinen=you; boyfriend-stealing baby=NOT you. Third, it was a BABY, not a 23-year-old redhead that was so desperate to get her name out there that she came up with this stupid story. Seriously Lindz, are you THAT desperate to be relevant again? Actually, if E*Trade REALLY wanted to make a commercial spoofing a celebreality person, they'd likely choose one of the Kardashians. Sorry Lindz, you aren't relevant anymore.
Now if Lindsay was suing E*Trade to get them to STOP DOING CREEPY BABY Commercials JUST BECAUSE, that would be fine. I'd be on board, but stop trying to get money.

Finally, David Archuleta is writing a memoir. What is he? 14? How long is this book going to be? 8 pages?
And is anyone watching Idol? I tried last night, but I had to turn it off. These chicks stink. I could care less who wins this season.

No comments: