Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Midweek Entertainment report 3/17/10

Happy St Patrick's Day!, Idol does the STONES, Corey Feldman writes a letter that won't be delivered, Arrest warrant out for Lil Wayne and DMX gets 6 months in jail

Ladies and gentlemen, THE MIDWEEK ENTERTAINMENT REPORT!

Fans scream like Justin Bieber walked into a mall!

St. Patrick's Day is today. AKA another day that Beer companies love and people with quasi-drinking problems invented just to have an excuse to get drunk. You know, Cinco De Mayo, Mardi Gras, MLK Day (where college kids at Georgia get together, drink 40s and watch Friday), Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Halloween(Ok, so the last one was really an excuse for chicks to dress slutty and for guys to not judge them before trying to sleep with them)...you get the idea. Honestly, do we REALLY need a holiday to celebrate a guy that drove some snakes out of Ireland? We need to celebrate that in America? Or we need to drink beer. OK. That's what I though.

American Idol did the Rolling Stones last night. Does that mean that Keith and Mick will be strutting around tonight on the results show? Did I watch last night? No. Instead I watched Couples Retreat. REALLY funny, FYI. Vince Vaughn's best work since Old School.

Can someone please explain to Corey Feldman that Corey Haim is dead and cannot read a letter anymore? Feldman "wrote a letter" to Haim and posted it on his website, explaining why he didn't go to the funeral. Here is a bit of it: You also know the only reason I am truly not there is out of respect for your mother and her wishes to minimize the media attention as much as possible. I want your family to have a calm peaceful day. Hopefully we will not see one shot of the funeral on the news. Don't worry Corey, there WAS no media attention. Odds are you couldn't afford the plane ticket, that's why you didn't go. And I don't think if you HAD have gone, ANYONE would have cared.
You continued: I miss you so much already. When I think of something funny I don't know who to tell it to. I find myself trying to call you but then remember your not there. I think about the new movies we will soon be doing together and then suddenly realise [sic] that the dream is over. You think you aren't doing movies because he died?
Nobody will ever understand the brotherhood we shared. Nobody will ever get the inside jokes we told. They weren't funny.
"My mission in life became saving yours. I never gave up, I tried... MISSION NOT ACCOMPLISHED.
I have been so hounded by the media and barraged with condolences since your death that I have not been given my own time to [grieve]. I was still in shock while cameras were chasing me down the street looking for my feelings on the matter. When I did Larry King I could barely form sentences, but knew I had to be strong to send a message. /get back INTO the limelight.
I would go on, but it seems kind of mean. Especially when he said that Haim and his death have meant so much to the world.
Let's just move on.

An arrest warrant was issued for Lil Wayne. Umm, if you really need to find him, I THINK HE'S IN JAIL!

And finally, DMX was sentenced to 6 months in jail and a mental exam after violating probation for his previous felony charge of cruelty to animals. I guess just like babies and DUIs were the hot thing for white 20ish Hollywood starlets several years back, going to jail is now hot for rappers. OK.

Have a great rest of the week everybody. Be careful out there tonight when you're pretending to be Irish.

No comments: