Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Four Questions for Eric Hinske

I had a chance to sit down with the Braves Mr. Do-it-all Eric Hinske last night for a round of Four From Score, four questions just to see what is going on with the Braves outfielder/pinch hitter/first baseman. Just hours after the interview Hinske would hit his second home run and go 3-4 in a Braves 3-2 loss to the New York Mets.

FP: You are now in the National League after spending the last few years on three different AL pennant winners. As you try for a National League pennant, what are the differences that you’ve noticed?
EH: The Pitcher hits over here, that’s the only difference. I think they throw a little bit more of the fastball in this league. It’s a little more of an off-speed league over in the American League. They throw a lot more off speed pitches in hitter’s counts but, I mean, they do that here too. But it is a little bit more drastic in the other league.

FP: You’ve been playing a lot more in the outfield recently. Is that something you enjoy?
EH:Where ever I can get some playing time, you know? I don’t care. I can play all four corners. I do whatever I can do to help the team win whenever I’m on the lineup card.

FP: you were the 2002 Rookie of the year with the Toronto Blue Jays. What is it like playing America’s Pastime in Canada?
EH: -Sigh- It’s a hockey town, man. It’s not the most ideal baseball city, but it is a great city. I mean I loved playing in Canada, but they’re just a little more wrapped up in the Maple Leafs than the Blue Jays.

FP: Everyone has seen and heard about the tattoos, but have you gotten any new ones since you moved to Atlanta?
EH: Nah, I’m done, man. I’m sick of getting tattoos. It’s over.

1 comment:

Lauren T. said...

Great interview, thanks for sharing!