Friday, May 7, 2010

new top name is troubling

I read a story on yahoo! about the new "top baby girl" name and it scares me a bit. The new top name is Isabella aka Bella and the yahoo! story is quoting some "name experts" (whatever they are) that Isabella may be popular because of the Twilight series.

I am scared because this means that a bunch of 14-year-olds are out there in America, having kids.

I mean, anyone over the age of 14 that is naming their kid after a tween movie character is pathetic, so it HAS to be 14-year-olds, right?

Honestly, people have decided to name their baby after Kristen Stewart's character? Why don't you just give them a wedgie yourself? Why don't you beat your kid up everyday yourself? Shove him into a locker yourself?

I liked the movie Jerry McGuire, but I am not naming my kid Jerry Proctor.
I liked the show Seinfeld, but I am not naming my kid Seinfeld Proctor.
I liked the movie What a Girl Wants, but I am not naming my kid Amanda Bynes Proctor
I liked the show The OC, but I am not naming my kid Atwood Proctor
I liked the movie The Dark Knight, but I am not naming my kid Joker Proctor.

Naming your kid after a character out of a movie? Why don't you just NOT have a kid and instead watch the movie again. Anyone naming their kid because of Twilight should be dragged behind a car on 85 during rushhour.

No comments: