Friday, September 10, 2010

The Biggest weekend of football means BIG PICKS!

And NO I'm not talking about Joe Cox in the clutch. It is Friday which means time for the weekly picks blog and WOW, looking at the schedule, this weekend is HUGE. OhioState/Miami and OU/FSU in recent BCSCG rematches and Bama is facing Penn State from a backintheday Sugar Bowl rematch. Don't forget UVa/USC....let's move past that pasting and get to the PICKS!

San Jose State @ #11 Wisco. John Clay and the Badgers might just put Ohio State out of the BCS, Rose and BCSCG if Iowa plays well and Wisco can pop the Buckeyes later this season. The schedule doesn't set up well for Wisco but this game does. Badgers burrow to a win.

Duke @ Wake. Ummm, do I HAVE to pick this? This is my blog. I don't have to do ANYTHING I DON'T WANT TO! I DON'T HAVE TO SAY DUKE WILL WIN THIS. So I WON'T!

SoFla @ #8 Florida. Hey Brantley, you thought the Dawg Walk was stupid? I think not being able to receive a shotgn snap is stupid! EAT IT! Gators win.

Idaho @ #6 Nebraska. Wasn't it the douchebag Idaho coach who was wearing sunglasses at night for his team's bowl game last season? Douchebag. Nebraska!

Iowa State @ #9 Iowa. The battle for Iowa. I'm not sure why you'd WANT Iowa, but they will battle for it. I'll take the Hawkeyes and feel bad for them once they "OWN" the state. HEY COOL! WE HAVE CORN!

Colorado @ Cal. Two programs that will be meeting up soon IN CONFERENCE PLAY! I wonder if, after Cal beats the Buffs down, they'll bring Chris Carmack out to say, "Welcome to the Pac-10 Bitch!"

Michigan @ ND. Remember when this game meant something? Lou Holtz and NBC will try and tell us it does, but seriously, the winner MAY get to a cruddy bowl. The loser hopefully stops calling themselves a football power. 18 YEARS AGO, MAYBE! Michigan looked good last week though. Denard is DeMan

Presbyterian @ Clemson. I am picking the Tigers for two reasons: Dabo! and the fact that I am a Methodist. EAT IT PRESBYTERIANS! You WISH you had open communion!

7 Oregon @ Tenn. I will be rooting for the Vols (SEC pride) but come on. The Ducks will fly away with this one. Seriously? Come on. Tennasty sucks this season. 50-0, I don't care. You'll lose to LaMichael and LaDucks.

19 LSU @ Vandy. It is next to IMPOSSIBLE to win on the road in the SEC....unless you are "on the road" at Miss State (cowbells? comeon...) or Vandy. LSU is at the latter. they ROLL.

Troy @ Okie State. Am I still pissed that Okie State used the illegal Dez Bryant last year against the Dawgs? YES. And WHY hasn't the NCAA gone back and given Georgia the win? I AM TAKING TROY! SCREW YOU GUNDY!

Syracuse @ Washington. If you had a Syracuse all-star team face a Washington all-star team, THAT would be a game I'd want to watch. This one....not so much. I'll take U-Dub.

Ole Miss @ Tulane. WHY IS AN SEC SCHOOL GOING TO A SMALL CRAP SCHOOL, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COULDN'T BEAT AN FCS SCHOOL AT HOME? Well Nawlins will be fun. Maybe to help your fans FORGET YOU LOST TO AN FCS SCHOOL! Ole Miss can't lose two in a row, at least not these two in a row.

Northern Arizona @ Arizona State. The SunDevils v the Lumberjacks. AWESOME Nicknames. I just wish NAU's colors were flannel. I remember going up to NAU last summer and I saw a sign as you were leaving a parking lot that said, "Buckle up NAU." I laughed for 10 minutes. I was not drunk. I'm taking the SunDevils.

UVa @ 16 USC. See http://chuckoliver.net for more UVa coverage. Take the Trojans

25 Stanford @ UCLA. I love Screech's cousin over the basketball pick master. I recently wrote the Hooters College Basketball preview (you had better BELIEVE I gave the Dawgs some love) but perhaps I should have invited Ricky Neu to have weighed in with his thoughts. Wait, this is FOOTBALL. GO WITH ANDREW LUCK and Co. CARDINAL!

REAL GAMES: 12 Miami @ #2 Ohio State. I would LOVE to go with the athletes of Miami over the Sweatervest's boys, but then I remember Randy Shannon, who recruits by looking at the Rivals.com top 100 list, and thought, nah. Gotta go with the Buckeyes.

18 Penn State @ #1 Bama. Wait, I said real games. Crap. Why was this one included? I'll take the team with the player who was flown to Miami to be wined and dined by and agent and thus suspended for two games (good thing because if he had sold a jersey for about $800 less than the total of the trip, he'd miss FOUR games) over the team with the 99-year-old coach.

Specials of the house
Lock of the week
JMU @ 13 VaTech. Sorry Dukes, but the Hokies are about to take out some frustration.

Upset of the week.
17 FSU @ #10 OU. Landry Jones has some weapons on offense. Too bad Mark Stoops knows all about it because he spends Christmas with the Sooners coach. I'm going with the NOLES and Christian Ponder over the Sooners. Boomer, meet Greg Reid. He makes a big play in a big upset. Florida State, back? Dunno, but they'll win this one.

The Pro Game:
Washington v Dallas. I hate the Cowboys. I hate seeing them win in the regular season. I love watching them lose in the postseason. I'll love seeing Washington help keep them from the playoffs this year. It starts with this game!
Atlanta @ Pitt. No roethlisberger, but I can bet that the announcers will call him "Ben" every 10 minutes this game. Go with Matty Ice and the Falcons to start the season strong

Local rooting interest.
#15 GT @ KU. At least the ACC will get one FOR SURE non-conference v a BCS-team win this week.....

#22 Georgia @ #24 SoCar. Garcia looked good last week. SoCar has had 10 days to brace for the Dawgs. Georgia is sans AJ Green. SoCar is favored. Georgia is starting a freshman in his first road start. Doesn't matter. TKing and Washaun are back. That is huge, especially with AJ out. And AMurr and Orson Charles didn't really connect last week. This week they will. Dawgs pull out an 8-point win for Roomie and JCole's birthdays.

Tune in tonight to http://gpb.org/sports for #3PTR v #4 Newnan. Coverage starts at 7pm. And catch me tomorrow on 790TheZone around 9:25 for the High School Wrap and Sunday we're back with the Score Atlanta Scoreboard show from 1-4pm on 790. Scores and such every 10 minutes. BE THERE!

No comments: