Sunday, September 26, 2010

How about Kyle Whittingham?

Let me start by saying that I do NOT want to fire Georgia head football coach Mark Richt. Some of his staff, yes, but I like Richt and would like to see him turn the ship BACK around to where it was 6 years ago.

But if the new AD decides it is time to cut bait, let me offer one name: Utah's Kyle Whittingham. Georgia's AD has a little bit of experience hiring Utah head coaches to run an SEC Program when he helped Jeremy Foley at Florida bring in Urban Meyer. Wouldn't you love to see Foley's protege bring in Urban's Protege? I think I would, IF Richt is shown the door.

Boise State's Chris Petersen isn't coming to Georgia and I don't want Tuberville to come to Athens, no thank you. I'd like to see Richt calling the plays again and Georgia return to contending for the SEC East and SEC Conference title. But if Richt does leave, Georgia could do A LOT worse than Kyle Whittingham.

No comments: