Wednesday, January 30, 2008

IT'S A FREAKING HORSE PEOPLE!

It pains me to have to talk about this, but the money-grubbing owners of a dead horse simply WON'T let their dead horse DIE! Barbaro's former owners have announced that his ashes will be buried outside of an entrance gate at Churchill Downs, the site of the Kentucky Derby.
Barbaro we all remember (and how can we forget, since the owners WON'T LET US) won the 2006 Kentucky Derby by 6.5 lengths, the largest margin of victory in 60 years. Then he broke his hind right leg in the Preakness and never raced again. Eventually after going through 9 million surgeries, the horse was FINALLY euthanized January 29, 2007. The owners throughout the whole ordeal have cashed in with made-for-tv movies and books and whatnot throughout this whole process, and I had actually forgotten about the stupid horse until yesterday they announced (on the one year anniversary of their cash-cow, er horse's death) that his ashes will be place at a gate of the Kentucky Derby.
I ask why" besides just another chance to make money off this along with a bronze statue which will also be at the gate! The two owners were announcing this while signing(no doubt for money) autographs. People have been flocking to the New Bolton Center in Pennsylvannia to look at Barbaro videos and pictures, no doubt at a price. This is just crazy how these people have made so much money off the suffering of a horse. If they TRULY cared about the horse, they would have put him down right after the injury, so he wouldn't suffer, but you can't draw sperm artificially and inject it the same way into other mares. It has to be Barbaro doing it. So the owners kept trying to "save" Barbaro, when all they REALLY cared about was his seed. I wish they had just come out and said that, but then they wouldn't have gotten all of these people sending them money and coming to see pictures of the dead horse. They tried to fool everyone, BUT YOU DIDN'T FOOL ME! I could see through your rouse, that you two were just money-hungry. I don't have a problem with that, JUST BE HONEST ABOUT IT!
Now Barbaro will be the first Kentucky Derby winner buried inside Churchill Downs, 4 other horses, were buried across the street. I want it noted that this horse DIDN'T win the triple crown! Shoot, it didn't even win the first two have a shot at the triple crown like Real Quiet, Silver Charm and several other did in the past few years. Heck, he didn't even win two of the three races like a few others did over the last few years. Nope. He only won one of the big 3 and he lost in the Preakness. that is 1 win and 1 loss with 1 DNR if you ask me. I would put his record at 1-2-0 in Triple Crown races. And I am supposed to be OK with his ashes and statue being at an entrance? I just don't see it. Whenever I will see that statue in the future, I will think of his greedy owners, not the "great" horse that won one race.
And maybe I will wonder if Chimer ate him as part of his dogfood. Or maybe I used him in a bottle of Elmer's Glue. I guess I'll wonder that stuff too.

No comments: