Monday, January 28, 2008

Thoughts from the Senior Bowl

As promised, we have our first Sportsbyfletch Contributor piece. Paul "The Body" Mack attended this past weekend's Senior Bowl. He offers his thoughts. . . . .

I went to the senior bowl [this past weekend]. It was miserably cold, and the neighborhood could be in Beriut circa 1984....but we stayed throughout the first
half. The Tech kids looked great. Especially Choice who needs a lead blocker to be really effective and Gary Guyton who should be a fantastic value pick late he's incredible laterally...It just goes to show how wasted they were at Tech in the "exotic" Tenuda schemes and Gaileys over conservative offense. My boy Jacob Tamme was solid. Lavelle Hawkins made a nice grab on an underthrown ball(potentially purposefully) by Chad Henne over Chevis Jackson.

The south got stuck with Colt Brennan...who looks like he's kicker-sized
(See Alexis Serna) and he's all kinds of not ready for prime time out of
the pro set....not only that. The next QB up is the horrific Andre Woodson. First pass... 10 ft over the receiver (because Sedrick Ellis was dominating) I actually said pretty loudly in our section when he walked on the field... "It's wet, I Guarantee a Woodson fumble on this drive." Second Play... Stripped by Ellis. Hilarious. Eric Ainge was the south's 3rd qb but we left at half time so I didn't see him.

Coutu looked good when we got to see him. I don't think I saw Washington.

Quinten Demps and the younger Cromartie played above what I thought they would.

Anyone drafting Brennan or Woodson before the 4th or 5th round is nuts.

JD Booty did well even though he had a bad pick to Demps because he showed his ability to extend the play and move around in the pocket.

I think Henne though right now after the top 2 of Ryan and Brohm is the clear #3.

Joe Flacco is RIDICULOUSLY OVERRATED!

I screamed "Come to Atlanta" to Lane Kiffin and was immediately chastised by my buddies because they think he had a bad year... but honestly... I think he's a pretty good OC. I would rather have him than Mike Mularky... but then again Al Saunders is available now!

No comments: