Friday, January 4, 2008

they were dressed as flappers, WHY?

Let me start by saying that I missed the first 8 minutes of this week's Newport Harbor: Home for the holidays, but I caught the rest of the show. So thus, my thoughts.

I am not certain why the crew was dressed as Roaring 1920s party-goers, but maybe that was discussed in the first 8 minutes. So I will start with that "GREAT" conversation between Chrissy and Clay where the talking took up 8 seconds of their 20 second exchange. That was PAINFUL.
"Well what do you think?"
Blank Stare
"I mean....."
Blank Stare
"well, I mean."
blank stare
"whatever, I mean, you know."
"That's it I guess."
blank stare and walk off

OUCH.
So then Grant tells Clay he should take Chrissy back. Maybe Grant being the GREAT friend he is realizes that Clay will never get another girl with his weak grasp of the english language. Good for Grant. Looking out for his buddy.

Then Chrissy decides she has to "win" Clay back and make him re-fall for her. So she throws a bunch of crap on his boat. That is supposed to "win him back?" Putting a bunch of lights on his boat?
Well it works because he takes her back. Actually I think it was her low-cut shirt that got him back. I mean COME ON, she gained all of her freshman 15 IN HER CHEST.

And she has decided to transfer from UCSB (if she actually went there instead of SBCity College, which is what some of you guys think) to USC. I think MTV MAY have had something to do with that instead of her "wanting to be closer to Clay. I thought she LOVED her sor-whore sisters so much, why else would she want to leave? I think MTV may be trying a Hills-like spinoff with her. Just me saying

Other storylines I had a problem with......Chase. I don't like this guy. MTV needs to write him OUT of the show. He is an UNLIKEABLE character. I don't feel bad for him either since he "got his heart broken" after what he did to Taylor in the original episodes. Sorry, I just don't like the guy. He WASN'T able to pull off the OC's Luke transformation. Just wasn't. Sorry producers.

Also, Allie's Marissa-like "put off college for a while" decision. She is going to "shock" her parents who thought, according to her "they would be supporting her like, forever." Um sorry to break it to you Allie, but without a college education, unless you are working for your DAD or your job is "lottery-winner" you won't make enough money to enjoy the lifestyle you currently enjoy. I am thinking your DAD will still be footing the bill for your: house, car, insurance, food, etc. Your money might be good enough to buy you ONE shirt from the shops you go to. Just make sure you keep his credit card Allie. I don't think one of her paychecks could cover the cost of one of Samantha's lunch stops.

Anyways, I can't wait for Newport Harbor to come back for season 2. should be a blast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FINALLY you're back!!! They were dressed as 20's b/c that was the theme of Allie's party. Apparently, istead of going to college, she's choosing to just throw themed parties like a sorority.

Grant looked much better this episode, he got that hair cut.