Friday, May 22, 2009

Hard getting into SYTYCD

I am sorry Nigel. I just am. I cannot get into the auditions for So You Think You Can Dance. I used to enjoy watching the American Idol auditions, watching people not be able to sing, but then after about 20 minutes that gets old. I don't enjoy watching people who can't dance waste everyone's time by not dancing well. I don't get it.

I also don't get the lyrical dancing. I just don't. Last night the judges were moved to tears by the one girl and the guy at the end who couldn't hold a candle to Danny from Season 3 or the other black dude (the lyrical dude who went out in the #4 or 5 range last season) was told he HAD to make the final 10? Huh? They said he left his heart on the stage. His life was on display for everyone. WHAT? When was that? Just wondering.

I enjoy the dancing in the top 20, but I guess I just don't know enough about dancing to fully appreciate what they are doing when they dress up in their PJs and flop around the stage. Oh well. All I can say is that with Joshua as the defending champ and Sabra from the season before, this year had BETTER step it up with a REAL WINNER THAT DESERVES IT, otherwise I might just tune out the dancing and just flip back when Cat Deeley is on camera.

No comments: