Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Midweek Entertainment Report 9/2/09

More to Love gets down to three, Mad Men coming back for 4th season, Avril Lavigne to be a guest judge for Idol, and an unmarried "Housewife" gives Atlanta yet ANOTHER black eye.

Ladies and gentlemen, the midweek entertainment report!

Thunderous applause!

Last night on MORE TO LOVE, about two bills were dropped as Luke eliminated a girl from contention. After treating each of the girls to a private date where family members tried their best to destroy any chance for love between Luke and their family member, Luke cut the PLUS-size model because her folks told Luke that she wasn't ready to be married and she would be flying all around the world to do model shoots. (I guess Augustus Maxx is ALSO in England?) I guess it wasn't so much that as it was the fact that at times, fatty looked good and other times, she was ugly. It was like that episode of Seinfeld with the chick that Jerry kept taking to the back booth because of the lighting. The two-face!
Tali's family warned Luke that the Israelis wouldn't stand for the gentile to invade their woman. Meanwhile MA-lissa's 14 year-old wannabepunkrock sister told Luke that MA-lissa never babysat for her 4 yo kid. And Mandy the personal trainer is getting a little too worked up over everything, especially Luke's feelings over MA-lissa. I think MA-Lissa has this in the bag. Mandy is too clingy and Tali, while attract, doesn't have the breastses and her family won't accept him according to her white uncle......

Mad Men has been picked up on AMC for a fourth season. I'd put this in the DUH department. Mad Men is the best to happen to AMC in quite some time and while I am not smart enough to grasp some of what happens on the show( and while I ALSO think that the producers/writers know this so sometimes they'll just write an ending that, even if it doesn't make sense, they'll smirk like it does and in turn make you feel stupid), I know the show is good and should continue. What are you going to replace it with? Breaking Bad? Gimmie a break. This show gives the network so much exposure that they should give this show an extension for a 5th, 6th and 7th season and HOPE AND PRAY that all the main characters agree to stick around and the writers can make eyeballs still appear. What was one of the best kept secrets is not widely known and while that will have a bit of backlash in terms of the quality of the show, I can say that I was on the bandwagon since the beginning. I look forward to spending my Sunday nights with Mad Men for at least the next year.

I saw where Avril Lavigne has agreed to be a guest judge on AmIdol. REALLY? REALLY? She is going to help judge talent? Don't you have to HAVE talent in order to judge it? So I'm guessing a bunch of Sk8er Boyz will make the cut to Hollywood....

Finally, Kim Zolciak was so enraged by a magazine cover featuring the Atlanta "Housewives" (several of which aren't married) that she called up B98.5 and DEMANDED they play her latest song. Ummmm, Kim aren't you just DYING for the spotlight? This magazine is GIVING it to you. Take it! And any pub is good pub, especially for media whores like yourself. Why don't you go smoke in front of your kids some more! PS, I don't watch the show but unfortunately the ajc.com decides to "report" on it and I sometimes read the blog because I want to see how much damage these unmarried "Housewives" are doing to the city where I live. (Actually, I live in Suwanee now, but I guess you can still consider that Atlanta.) The answer to how much damage? TOO MUCH TO EVER FIX!

Thanks everybody, enjoy the rest of the week and look out for the RETURN OF THE PICKS BLOG this Friday!

No comments: