Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Paul Mac FINALLY turns the page on MV7

Honestly, my anger was back in 2006, 2007 and 2008 mostly. I'm angry at myself I bought that guy's jersey and I believed in him and I defended him and he admits to not taking it seriously and not really caring.

I have an overall feeling of indifference really.

In the humanity sense, I don't own the team, Arthur Blank does and he says he hopes for the best as long as he's not playing us. I'm glad he's going to be repaying his debtors including us and I truly hope he reforms himself. This is a guy that owned this town and it's funny but not only did he disguise his seethy dealings off the field he disguised a fairly awful product on the field and he didn't even take it seriously. It's troubling and antagonizing that he basically threw in the towel in 06 and 07 after strong starts but as a fan I'm past it.

I was past it last year when Matt Ryan threw a 68 yard TD to Michael freaking Jenkins on the first play... like I had been reborn... there was new knowledge...oh... wait that's what a Quarterback is supposed to do. Almost as if I had been brainwashed by intoxicating ability with little or no sense.

I'm indifferent to Mike Vick as far as booing or hatred, if anything I pity how stupid he is.
Maybe it's because in my lifetime the best QB's I saw for my team were Chris Chandler and Chris Miller before Vick and Ryan. (I'm not old enough for Bartkowski) I mean I watched, Billie Joe Tolliver, What was left of the Cajun Cannon Bobby Hebert; Tony Graziani; Doug freaking Johnson.... Kurt Kittner... Vick came along when we were begging for interesting.

It turns out that the measurables were all there and accurate and he was just a waste of talent. Matt Ryan, I killed on draft day because of the "measurable" when the immeasurable is what makes an average "talent" a great QB.

It's bothersome that some people feel Vick was somehow a victim of the system or something...perhaps so because these people don't "get it" either. Sad for humanity really that this is now a guy to go buy a jersey of.
Really? This guy? You want to be like Him?
I can't really do anything about that though. Hence forth, I'm not sure I'm buying any more Jerseys... I'm kind of old for them anyway, I'm going with a coaches shirt this season. I really really really just don't want to see Vick or Deangelo Hall come in here and beat us. Moral endings aren't always common in the world I'd just not like to see two people who did it about as wrong as you possibly can continually be rewarded for stupidity. I'm not counting on D. Hall ever getting it, but I'm hoping maybe Mike will follow through on doing some good for the Humane Society anyway. I'm just not expecting it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on boo cuz. You know you will be cheering for the Skins when DeAngelo comes to town.

Sportsbyfletch editors said...

Yes, I will be cheering for Hall, since he plays for the Redskins.

Our Falcons correspondent Paul Mac wrote this blog.