Monday, October 5, 2009

The Refs aren't to blame........

It would be easy for me to come on here today and rail against the piss-poor officiating in the UGA/LSU game which basically gave the game to LSU at the end with the STUPID celebration penalty against AJ Green (did he bump the ref? If so, GET OVER IT ZEBRA!)
But I'm not going to do that. Nope. Before I blame the officials, I'd moreso want to blame the offense for scoring ZERO POINTS in the first three quarters.
I'd want to blame the coaches for not going to Wayshaun Ealey earlier in the game.(Dude ran HARD and made some moves. Hey Richard Samuel, switch to LB. Caleb, realize you are a seatholder right now. the era of wayshaun has begun!)
I'd want to blame Blair Walsh for missing the field goal (not that it really mattered in the end, but if he makes it earlier in the game, then perhaps the Dawgs kick the extra point to make it 17-12 and once down 20-17, could have maybe gone for the Field Goal to force OT.
I'd want to blame Booboo for running that STUPID pass to the fullback repeatedly. (My boy. Sorry, I'll drink.)
I'd want to blame the defense for playing SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well for 57 minutes then letting in two scores in the last three minutes. Come on guys.
I'd want to blame Brandon Boykin for not taking a knee in the endzone on the INT.
I'd want to blame the return game for not getting more yardage on the final kick return.
I'd want to blame the kicking decision not to kick it out of bounds after you were forced to kick from your own 15 for the celebration penalty. you could have saved yourselves 20 yards and maybe they don't simply jam it down your throats.

No, I'd blame any of those things before I blamed the officials. Georgia made a play to win, but they didn't do enough to finish the drill. 3-2 and 2-1 in the SEC. A Trip to the SEC CG is still available, but the safety net is gone. The team MUST regroup before heading to Knoxvegas. Get the offense and the defense on the same page. The defense played GREAT...until 3 minutes remained. 6 sacks I liked. Perhaps the Dawgs can "put the full game together" against Florida instead of LSU. If they do, the season will still be a success, despite the two losses. Hope is still alive, the flame just got a little smaller.

What can I say, I'm a homer.

In other thoughts, GT rebounded and won a game over Miss State and I must give them credit for that. Suddenly they could make a run in the ACC.

I'm not ready to say THE U is back and Randy Shannon shouldn't open his mouth to brag that THE U is back yet after a ONE POINT WIN AT HOME over OU without Sam Bradford. Wait until you guys go to an ACCCG or BCS bowl first please.

USC dominated Cal and I'm not sure if I'd say that "WOW USC's defense just reloads!" or "Gosh, how overrated was Cal?" USC is incredibly good, don't get me wrong, but really, they play in a shite conference.

South Carolina is ranked. good for them. That's so sweet.

UVa beat UNC. That takes a little bit away from GT's win over the Heels last week. Sorry Techies. UVa btw is now 1-0 in conference play. 0-3 vs. TCU, SoMiss and William & Mary, but 1-0 in ACC play. Atlantic Coast Conference Football....get swept up in it!

FSU loses to BC. I say fire both Bobby and Jimbo and hire Willie Martinez to run the team. (too much of a stretch?)

Finally, Stafford gets hurt and Moreno ran like a pussy yesterday on 4th and 1. No WONDER Georgia wasn't good last season. We had THESE two guys leading us. I'll take this team over last year. Especially with Wayshaun sure to come on strong. I am proud of this team, despite the fact that we are just 3-2. reminds me of 2007. Just saying........

No comments: