Friday, November 19, 2010

The Picks are limping towards the finish line

LIMPING I tell you. Just like Georgia is through the rest of the season. Such a shame that Georgia's season was wasted due to a variety of things including the coaches not letting Aaron Murray loose, AJ putting $1000 in front of his team and the squad not taking advantage of a weak SEC East. Oh well. I wrote a piece on it for Chuckoliver.net on this topic. Read it here.
I also am pretty ticked at Alabama for ONCE AGAIN getting a free four-hour commercial from ESPN that Georgia MAYBE could have had but instead wanted to play Idaho State instead. I'll talk about that later. Now, on to the picks, complete with various links. ENJOY!

No.7 Wisco @ Michigan. Last week Wisco put 80 on the board against Indiana. Really? I think at some point that comes back to bite you. Does that really impress anyone? Hey B-squared, they took the margin of victory out of the BCS formula. I guess you guys REALLY want to get to the Rose Bowl. Can Michigan pull off the "upset" against the Badgers? I can't think of a reason why. Sorry Meeechigan fans. PS, you should actually be glad that LSU is going to keep Les Miles so you can keep RichRod. I am telling you, NEXT YEAR, you guys are going to go to a BCS bowl game. But you lose this week.

No.10 Okie State @ Kansas. Okie State is No.10 in the country? Really? I guess I'll take them here. How is Okie State doing it? I watched them last year and wasn't impressed. I guess addition by subtraction with Dez Bryant, who didn't know about rookie hazing. Perhaps he was holding back the offense back because he was stupid. Cowboys win.

Pitt @ South Florida. I would go with SoFla but since it is Mo-vember, I've gotta go with the Stache in this one.

Virginia @ BC. I am pretty sure Davey Pollack will be calling this game. Hopefully he remembers he has to talk during the third quarter. I remember at Midlothian High School, the band would take the third quarter off after performing at halftime. I always thought that was weird. Are you guys THAT winded from blowing your horn that you require an entire quarter off? Doesn't the team (that won 4 games my four years there) need some musical encouragement? Maybe Pollack needed a third quarter off too from fake laughing at all of his co-hosts jokes? Oh, back to the game. Go with BC

NC State @ UNC. I think if NC State wins, they could go to the ACC championship game. Wow. The ACC ladies and gentlemen. I actually think the ACC will have UNC win so that FSU can go to the title game. I'm going with the Heels.

Troy @ #17 SoCar. So The Gamecocks FINALLY will go to Atlanta for the SEC Championship game. Congrats. Too bad they'll shuffle their way through this week and next before having to play a meaningful game again. They win this one ugly before losing next week to Klimpsen.

App State @ Florida. I hope like HECK this happens.... but it won't. Gators win. I wonder if Rainey will then take out the loss on his girlfriend? Would Urban cry? AGAIN?

Klimspen @ Wake. Yep, the Tigers and my favorite ACC Coach are being punished and getting the Klimpsen tag. Sorry guys. You are thisclose to me jumping off of the Dabo Bandwagon. I might be the only one NOT RELATED to Dabo left on the wagon. You had better win. You will.

Ole Miss @ #5 LSU. On one side you have a big black rebel bear (I wish I was kidding) and on the other side you have a grass-eater. I typically would take a bear over a cow, but the bear will be playing the cow that is in charge of a bunch of tigers. Hmmmmm, tiger v bear, I'll go with a tiger. Faster, and can jump, tigers v bears. Both can climb trees but tigers seem the sleeker animal

#6 Stanford @ Cal. Ahhh the crazy "band on the field" play that one school says never counted while the other team says it does. I though Stanford was the smart school. Don't they know not to run onto the field until the game is over? I guess they aren't the Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaarvard of the West. That's right, that was Stansbury I'll go with The Cardinal in this one, NOT the Cardinals

No.9 Ohio State @ #20 Iowa. I read the supposed Tressel halftime speech he gave Penn State that said the PSU crowd makes shirts when they beat Ohio State. I would say that Ohio State could do that too, except they never win big games... BA-Zing! PS, beating Iowa, ISN'T a big win

No.16 VaTech @ #24 Miami. Pretty funny that Jacory Harris isn't back in at QB yet because his coach likes the freshman better, I mean, Harris hasn't recovered yet from that injury yet. That's it. Won't matter. VaTech has Tyrod Taylor at QB and the Hokies win ANOTHER ACC Coastal title. Big whoop.

Illinois v Northwestern @ Wrigley. The BEST thing about this game.....the bars across the street from Wrigley Field will be open.

No.13 Arkie @ #21 Miss State. How is Miss State ranked? Seriously? Take the little pigs if for NO OTHER REASON, that awesome Gieco commercial. No, this one

Army v Notre Dame at Yankee Stadium. I cannot think of a place I'd rather not be ANYMORE than Yankee Stadium for a Notre Dame game. Will Coach K be doing the coin toss with Oprah and LeBron getting honored during halftime? I SOOOO want to take Army, but I am using my head here. Notre Dame FINALLY wins a game. (Ahhh, I should go with Army. Too late)

Tennessee @ Vandy. I cannot believe that Tennessee, a team that Georgia rolled up and smoked like a fatty might, with a win, go to a better bowl game than the Dawgs. You've got to love Bowl Season. (Actually, I do. How many other sports give 32 teams a chance to be a winner heading into the off-season? NOT ENOUGH!) GO VANDY! but those Tennessee Wildboys win.

USC v Oregon State. I could care less. But it is SOOO tough to go on the road in the Pac-10.....Hmmmm because of that I'll have to go with USC.

#25 FSU @ Maryland. I say where Ralphie is coming back for another season at Maryland. Good call Maryland. Way to think that because he blew out Virginia, he's ready for another year. Noles tomahawk the Terps.

8 Nebraska @ #19 TAMU. I heard that the QB from TAMU is not the same guy that was vastly overrated against Georgia. Apparently they benched that dude that wasn't getting the job done for this guy in there now. Hey, they are No. 19. I guess that means they are good? I'm going with Nebraska though.

Duke @ GT. How much would I love a Duke win? More than you'd know. BUT, the genius that is Paul Johnson (just ask him) will get this win, no doubt. Then they'll lose next week, but he'll get this (close) win.

Finally, a commentary of Georgia blowing it YET AGAIN:

As I sat down to watch Chris, Kirk and Desmond call the Georgia State/Alabama game last night on ESPNU, I was a bit disappointed that the Georgia Bulldogs weren’t involved. No I didn’t want Georgia facing the Tide, but couldn’t the Dawgs have faced Georgia State? Wasn’t that a missed opportunity that once again Bama took advantage of that Georgia failed to grab?

I was at Sanford Stadium a few weeks back to watch Georgia thump Idaho State after cutting a check to the Bengals to fly across the country for the beatdown. I wonder why Georgia didn’t pick up the phone and give Georgia State a buzz to come up instead? You would think that all parties would win here: Georgia gets the same crushing victory while Georgia State’s roster of 99.999% Georgia natives would get to play between the hedges. And Georgia State would get to cash a ridiculous check in the process, just like they did last night against Bama and just like Idaho State did against the Dawgs. Plus if Georgia faces Georgia State, the money stays in-state opposed to financing a state school 2000 miles across the country.

Oh and perhaps Georgia could have used a blowout win over a team on national television for recruiting. The worst part was we Georgia fans and alumni just had to watch ANOTHER ESPN-produced 4-hour commercial for Alabama, after watching the spring practice show on ESPN and the last two Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classics.

All I am saying is that maybe Georgia can take advantage of some of these opportunities that Alabama has done involving the state of Georgia, and perhaps that is why suddenly the Tide is rolling through the state, recruiting-wise. If Georgia could have just scheduled the Panthers for an ESPNU game instead of Idaho State, more people surely would have come than showed up for Idaho State. Georgia missed another opportunity last night and Alabama took advantage yet again. When will the athletic department catch on?

No comments: