Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Get a grip Consumer Reports magazine!

Apparently Hannah Montana didn't wear a seatbelt in ONE SCENE in her new movie.

And this enraged Consumer Reports magazine, I guess. So in a blog item that was posted Monday, the magazine chastised her and her father (who also wasn't wearing a seatbelt) as they rode in the back seat of a Range Rover. The magazine reports the facts that 65 percent of the 13- to 15-year-olds killed in auto accidents in 2006 were not wearing seat belts. This, I guess is Hannah Montana's audience.
The blog posting went on to say: "It seems to us that Miley, her father and Disney had a perfect opportunity to help influence teens and counteract — rather than encourage — this trend." THEN the magazine went on to call and email Disney and Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana's representatives in seeking a comment. Apparently Montana's people didn't immediately return the calls and this irked Consumer Reports.

Ummmmm can we pause for a moment here?
First off, consumer reports, THIS WAS A MOVIE. NOT TRUE. It wasn't a documentary. It was a fictional MOVIE. If Hannah Montana (WHO IS A CHARACTER BY THE WAY) died, that doesn't mean Miley Cyrus dies IN REAL LIFE. WHY? Because it's a MOVIE

Secondly, consumer reports, when did Miley Cyrus seize more control over children than THEIR PARENTS? My parents taught me to where a seat belt, not Mr. Rogers, which I guess was the Hannah Montana of my generation. The fact that Consumer Reports wants Miley Cyrus to teach children everyday rules/laws/etc instead of parents, that makes me NEVER want to use Consumer Reports again.

Finally, I thought Consumer Reports was supposed to tell you what the cheapest grill/car/computer/etc was. When did they start in the social commentary business?

Get over it Consumer Reports Magazine.
Wow, I NEVER thought I would actually defend Miley Cyrus, but this stupidity by Consumer Reports has really gotten under my skin. And all of the people going crazy over this chick with the lawsuits and whatnot, they need to calm down too. If you were really "deceived" by a body double while Miley Cyrus was changing, GROW UP!

But please don't think this AT ALL makes me a fan of Hannah Montana. I still don't think she should be allowed to win any Oscars or Grammys. She needs to stick to Nick Jr or Disney or whatever channel her show is on. And I STILL say that movies like hers should not be counted in overall sales, but relegated to a "children's movies" category.

But the people going crazy over this chick with the lawsuits and whatnot, they need to calm down too.

No comments: