Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mid-week entertainment report

I apologize for the tardy posts recently. I have been busy with Score Atlanta pieces and I feel terrible for not getting this stuff out there. But I am here now.
And NOW, the mid-week entertainment report.
I see where Heath Ledger's death has officially been declared a drug overdose. That is a shame. The guy was a great actor, never afraid to take chances. I am completely looking forward to The Dark Knight, as I want to see his take on The Joker. But that role, as well as Bob Dylan may have been his downfall. That is a shame. He was no longer the actor from 10 Thing I hate About You or Knight's Tale. He was a complete actor, in the mold of a young Sean Penn. But now he is gone, thanks to a drug overdose. Sad

Amy Winehouse is being questioned by London police over an allegation of drug possession. Apparently there are video stills that show her appearing to smoke crack cocaine. Video Stills? Are you kidding? she is being held over video stills? no proof other than VIDEO STILLS? because THOSE things CAN'T be doctored. THey MUST be real! AND THAT is why I will never go to England!

Finally Shaq goes to Phoenix. This is more of a sports thing, but Shaq DID appear in Kazam, Blue Chips as well as the Shaq-Fu video game. He released music and he is leaving Miami for Phoenix. I realize it is more of a dry heat, but it just strikes me as odd. Maybe he needed a change following his bitter divorce. I dunno. But it makes me scratch my head. The Suns are a run-and-gun team, but they won't be with Shaq. But they WILL be better come playoff time. I guess that is all they care about right now. PLUS they got rid of that cancer Marcus Banks AND Shawn Marion was going to opt out anyways. Hey, who knows. Shaq may be raising his 5th NBA CHampionship trophy come June. But he IS old. The Suns are CLEARLY saying, "This year or bust!" because shaq won't be much good at ALL next year. But oh well. Good for them. Taking a chance. Something Atlanta will only do if the chance is a chance at failure. Which they always take. and always MAKE, apparently.

No comments: