Thursday, February 28, 2008

Idol thoughts and the team that could beat the Gauntlet3 Vets

Last night watching American Idol only confirmed what I had already thought. This is a coronation for David Archuleta. NONE of the women that sang last night could beat him. The Irish chick that the judges love (like they loved Jordin Sparks last year) gave another "strong" performance according to the judges, but again, I didn't think so. I guess they HAVE to say that stuff, because otherwise we turn it off

The other girls...Syesha or whatever apparently changed the gender of a song and did it, but she bothers me when she plays TOO much to the camera. There was one side shot that she ackwardly stared at the camera for 6 seconds at a funny angle and you could tell the director was yelling "LOOK AWAY SO WE CAN CHANGE ANGLES!" Just weird. I don't like the pandering.

Brook did "You're so vain" and it was pretty good. She played her guitar and looked A LOT like Sheryl Crowe. She did with the hair and the guitar and whatnot. (I know Sheryl Crowe has hair, that is not what I meant. The hairstyle is what I meant) She didn't really add anything to the song and I think she goes home in 7th place or so. Also in her video she says she "found music right around the middle of her beauty school program." I was wondering how long the beauty school training program takes. I just figured you could learn how to cut hair in about a day. Roomie, how long did it take you to learn how to cut my hair?

The Asian chick was next and apparently she is Polynesian. My bad. She is a Chick-fil-a sauce. How could I be so dumb. She did a boring song because she didn't want to do a slow song because she was afraid people would nickname her Lullaby or something. Stupid. Do a song that gets you praise. How about a nickname of "that good girl."

Kristy Leigh Cook aka the first blond country singer (or maybe the second if you count Brook) went out and did a lunge workout while singing. I guess she was worried she wouldn't get her aerobics in for the day, so she just did the lunges on stage. She also wore two odd clothing fabrics: a shiny shirt and a velvety-leathery looking pants. Not complaining mind you, but just saying weird. That is like peanutbutter and alfredo sauce. I like them both, but together? I dunno. She WAS showing off the twins though

Amanda the freak was next. Apparently she likes to read and she was reading about the "music business side of things, JUST IN CASE." After that performance, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. What was with the hair? The dancing? The outfit? Just a freak on a leash. If she was MY nurse, I think I'd rather die.

17 year old Blond country singer. Don't know her name. Don't care. She gets cut next week. Moving on.

Alexandrea Lushington went next, and let me start off my negative comments by saying this pains me to have to hate on an Atlanta rep, BUT that said...First off, the name? Alex-andrea? You know that is now how is it SUPPOSED to be pronounced. Come on. Number two...you said that you were the poster girl for Altanta Area Fire Departments. REALLY? Did the Fulton COunty/Sandy Springs branch get to vote? Did the stations in DeKalb area get to vote? Or did you just DECLARE yourself that? Number three when you went to Ground Zero "like, two months after 9/11" and you just randomly started singing patriotic songs (like the national anthem?) "not on a stage or anything, just in a crowd" did people tell you to shut up? I would have. That is annoying to have a young girl (Because you are in high school now-17 maybe. 6 years ago you are 11? No 11 year old is a good singer. Trust me.) just wailing away, no doubt butchering the National Anthem. And I KNOW you butchered it, because I have seen you sing LAST NIGHT and last week. You are safe this week, but next week, pack your bags.

Kady Malloy. Hey lookout! You nearly fell coming down the stairs in your Christmas tree sweater. Listen, you have talent to do voices and whatnot, but YOUR voice...not so good. Sing it like Britney or Christina or whatever. Because your voice isn't working.

Asia'h went last and nearly PULLED a Britney when she crouched in that dress. I am sure the folks in the front row learned what color your underware was. I think you did ok, except for that one note RIGHT at the beginning, and I don't think the judges needed to rail you. You are staying on, but I don't think you have a chance against Archuleta. Sorry

None of the girls do. The final 4 I am thinking is DA, Michael Johns, the Irish chick and the future frat party singer. After that...who knows.


NOW ON TO THE GAUNTLET 3

So the Rookies lose ANOTHER challenge aka pushing the other team out with a pole. It was impossible for the Vet guys to throw this challenge so they HAD to win and thus the Rookies were forced YET AGAIN to go into the gauntlet. And Melinda was chosen by the group (MUCH TO Blinky's chagrin) to enter. Melinda THEN threatened the entire group and DEMANDED Jillian, though the group decided to put Tori in because she complained during the challenge. Then Melinda announced to her team after Miss VA went up to face her "way to put the two strongest girls up here!" Melinda, were you strong when you were faking a concussion so you wouldn't go home last episode? (And hey Melinda, you said you didn't want Johanna up there and Rachel was safe. You wanted Jill, but Tori was the ONLY other choice) Surprise Surprise Beach Brawl is what the wheel stops on. (TJ sucks at spinning!)

Then Tori announces she won't compete and will just go home. AND MELINDA talks her into staying, but a kiss from Brad clinches it. Tori then says in an aside, "Brad showed me my character and my character isn't as a quitter." UMM YOU JUST QUIT! That IS YOUR CHARACTER. But turns out Tori stays, WHY? Because she is bigger than Melinda and easily beats her in Beach Brawl. DUH! If I was Melinda, I would have let her go. Quit all you want. That way you could have stayed. I guess that concussion you faked I guess was real.

Then Blinky is obvie upset and he takes it out on Johanna. He says she should have fought harder and even after he watches the tapes and sees Johanna DID fight, he will still be upset because he is a crazy person AND YOU CAN'T FIGHT WITH CRAZY PEOPLE. I know from personal experience. He also screws himself over with the comment of "oh shut up I don't speak Spanish" Umm Danny you work in construction. Well at least you used to. Now you will probably TRY and become a RW/RR lifer, but No one really likes you. I guess you could be the male Beth.

Well a buried alive challenge is brought out to try and screw the Vets. The Rookies only have to rescue 7 people while the Vets have to save 14. Yeah. Nice work MTV you have come up with a way to get at least ONE vet guy to go home....BUT WAIT. Neimaiah (or Neydermeyer) can't figure out the true false questions and the Vets SOMEHOW get their crew out one-by-one faster than the rookies. And then, after Frank is thrown into the gauntlet and he requests Neydermeyer for being an idiot, the group puts MJ in because I guess Neydermeyer's arguement of "I give 175% in every mission" is so persuasive. Umm giving 175% of STUPIDITY hurts your team man. Just saying.)

Well Frank and MJ go one-on-one in "ankle breaker" which is just Force Field, except you are attached at the ankle instead of a waist and Frank ultimately beats MJ by just waiting him out. And MJ, the BEST player goes home

So the Rookies have Frank, Ryan, Neydermeyer, Fat-Rachel, Johanna, Tori and Jill still there.

The Vets still have EVERYONE.

The producers are going to either have to cut the show by a few episodes so the Rookies still have someone competing in the Finals, or just give the money to the Vets and say...Our bad. too good of a team.

But I would like to see this Vet Team against a team featuring Derrick, Wes, Alton, Abram, Jamie (from New Orleans), Isaac (of Sydney) Randy, Landon and Ruthie, Kina, Jodi, Tina, Tonya, Svetlana, Jillian and Montana/Genesis (which ever is still under 40) I think my crew is a good mix of athlete PLUS drama, MUCH LIKE THE Current cast of Vets.

The way I see it shaking out

CT-Alton Evan-Abram Kenny-Randy Brad-Derrick Danny-Wes Johnny Bananas-Jamie Adam-Landon Eric-Isaac match-ups for the guys with

Ev-Kina Robin-Tina Coral-Jodi Paula-Ruthie Katie-Tonya Diem-Jillian Casey-Svetlana Beth-Montana/Genesis

To be honest, MY CREW WINS HANDS DOWN!

No comments: