Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Writers' strike over?

I read where the writers and networks are nearing a solution to this entire writers' strike thing. The question I have to ask is....DID YOU WIN? I don't think you did, did you guys? Did you get the money you were looking for? Was it enough to cover your expenses for missing all of this work? I doubt it.

All you guys did was strike and make the viewer suffer through shows like Moment of Truth, Terminator and New Amsterdam (a detective show about a vampire. Huh?)

We as viewers still had SOME new episodes to see that were still in the can. Networks did a decent job of spacing them out, so we still have new stuff.

We also have reality tv, which, though scripted, isn't AS scripted to need that many writers. So you deprived us of some Grey's Anatomy...well that show is starting to suck anyways. The Office (which you MAY have killed because it got Steve Carell and Dwight and Jim into movies. You can't do the show WITHOUT those guys. Good job writers).

We are still getting Friday Night Lights and House. Prisonbreak is back too. And you managed to kill off some REALLY bad shows in the process, thus costing your peers or yourselves money. Was that really smart?

Unless there is an actors' strike, the TV execs won't worry. Sports is still around, so I haven't noticed all that much the strike. MTV is still pumping out gold. Writers, I just don't feel like you achieved much here. You just wasted my time.

If that was the goal, then mission:successful. But I don't think that's what you were shooting for. Maybe next time, get a better plan. But I say Networks:1 writers: ZERO!

No comments: