Monday, August 31, 2009

It would never happen here

Apparently the cheese and/or brats and/or beer has gone to the head of the Packers fans. Yep. I read where Green Bay fans were getting into fights with people wearing the Vikings Brett Favre jersey around town and especially to Lambeau field.

First of all, I think that is hilarious. Good for that instigator. But then I was listening to Atlanta Sports Talk Radio and the host asked it that same situation would happen here in Atlanta later this season when MV7 returns as an Eagle and all of those bozos that were never Falcons fans, but merely Vick fans wear an Eagles 7 to the Georgia Dome.

I say NO! The situation will NOT happen. There will NOT be fights because those Vick fans were never Falcons fans; they supported the player, not the team. They still support the player and not the team. If they are rooting for Vick over the Falcons, then they aren't true Falcons fans. PERIOD. You can cheer for a player, but if that player plays your team, that player MUST LOSE. If Vick plays well, then likely Philly wins the game. And you cannot have that if you are an Atlanta fan. A REAL FAN.

In fact, you might see fans in Atlanta 7 giving Philadelphia 7 a high five. Which by the way is stupid. I would laugh at the Atlanta 7 fan if I was a Philly guy. "Way to give my team props! Thanks!" People are stupid that way...

No comments: