Thursday, August 13, 2009

Why are we calling for this guy's head?

Let me start this by saying I am not a Rick Pitino fan and I think his cheating on his wife was terrible. Plus he has five kids, not to mention he helps shape men as a basketball coach.
With that said, why is the media killing this guy for committing adultry then reportedly giving a woman $3000 to cover medical expenses since she didn't have insurance and wanted an abortion. I'm not sure he should be raked over the coals for this. SHE wanted the abortion, right? Don't the women's groups always beat that "My Body, My Choice," drum? I thought they did. SHE made the decision to have the abortion, not him.
Was he relieved? Probably. If she had kept the baby, then she could have bilked him for THOUSANDS of dollars, a lot more than $3000.
While he shouldn't get off scott-free here, he DID act responsibly in GIVING HER MONEY to take care of the abortion after she made the decision to have one. Folks at various radio stations and television shows were calling for his firing and asking how he could be looked at as a role model? Ummm, how many of his players knock women up? And how many of them stick around financially? It sounds like he WAS there for her money-wise. Would he have been there if she had had the baby? We'll never know. But he stepped up when she decided to abort the baby and he paid for it. WHAT MORE COULD HE HAVE DONE (besides build a time machine, go back and either use a condom or not have sex with the woman?)

Just wondering guys. I think he CAN look his players in the eye and say that he took care of a terrible situation. Learn from my mistake, but remember, I was a man about it. She made the decision, I supported it emotionally and financially.

I don't see why we're calling for this guy's head. Now if you want to get into the cheating on his family, fine. But since when should THAT interfere with your professional life? I know he's a public figure, but whatever. If Clinton didn't get fired, why should Pitino?

1 comment:

Paul the Moralist Body said...

The thing with Pitino. Ok he's got the moralist clause in his contract... likely put there because of lying dog Petrino. Rick Pitino is as good a basketball coach as Louisville will ever have and their main rival employs a guy who is AT LEAST as smarmy.

My opinion... if I'm in charge of Louisville or a fan. I'm disappointed in Rick Pitino. I'm disappointed because he made such a dumb social decision and put my school in a bad light. I'm disappointed he didn't go to the police earlier. I'm also disappointed he made such a lame public apology whine whine, have pity on me, I want to coach here for "as long as they'll have me I love this community I love my wife... Just shut up jerk. Don't insult our intelligence. You may or may not have knocked this loose chick up you had unprotected sex with and this is probably one of many how many people do you know that have ONE indiscresion? How about that your wife has to go get a blood test because of what you did with some skank? Then... when you cut off the gravy train... she hit you up again for more than you wanted to pay and THEN you went to the cops.... ok. You didn't make a mistake... you made a calculated stupid decision. I think he's sleazy as... well Calipari but they would be crazy to fire him for moral flaws.

I'm disgusted by Rick Pitino... but what of that has anything to do with his being one of the best basketball coaches on this planet? It doesn't take away from his recruiting ability. If anything it might cause him to work a bit harder to avoid speaking to people about this very thing. Keep him.. they've got a chance at a title. Fire him... rebuild, maybe never get back. Firing him would be dumb. Having a closed door meeting and blessing him out maybe even use it as a bargaining chip to get him to do more for the university... much smarter idea.

The wife stayed with him right? I find it more odd his "best friend" married that chick. Firing him is too easy. If he's a bad or average coach (Steve Kragthorpe)... it's an easy fire. He's a great coach... rules are different.

I think the accuser has 4 kids already.... man that's all kinds of sad, this lady is an absolute mess and a horrible person.