Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday afternoon grab-bag

I didn't really have a topic, but I did have three points that I wanted to throw out there because they were too long for a twitter, but not long enough for their own blog.

#1, of ALL of the comic strip/cartoon girls (japanimae excluded because I never watched that stuff) my Hayden Panettiere award winner (girl that you KNEW would be hot as an adult) is the daughter from Blondie. I don't know how Dagwood managed it but thank goodness the daughter took after her momma because they both are lookers. In fact, I'd like to have a "Dagwood" sandwich with those two, IF you know what I mean.....

#2 Joshua Jackson aka Pacey is HUMAN BACON. When added to ANYTHING, it becomes better. Cruel Intentions wouldn't have been the same without Pacey's gay character. Urban Legend wouldn't have been watchable with Pacey's sk8r boy act. Ocean's 11 wouldn't have been good without Pacey's poker scene. I could go on and on.

#3 I like my superheroes like Laney Boggs. I just cannot believe Tobey McGuire as a superhero. he plays the nerd perfectly, but I don't buy him as the person saving the day. He'd get his butt kicked by ALL of those villains. I would rather believe that Dean Cain is a nerd because I can see him as Superman. With Tobey, I just think he's on steroids and I don't like my superheroes tainted. Why do I say Laney Boggs? Because you could SEE she was hot under the glasses and nappy hair. But if they had gotten a truly ugly girl, she NEVER would have passed for hot later. I am more likely to believe the hot/strong playing plain/weak than the other way around.

3 comments:

unknown said...

Human Bacon...I love it. And I agree fully. Pacey's Creek forever.

Body said...

I don't even know who Laney Boggs Is

IMDB.com said...

LANEY BOGGS, FROM SHE'S ALL THAT!

COME ON, BODY!