Thursday, July 23, 2009

P-Did opines about the Dawgs

As much as Paul Mac LOVES his Big11 (he thinks Penn State goes undefeated and sneaks into the BCSCG), he still has a place in his heart for the Dawgs. Good thing, b/c otherwise he'd be OUT OF THE DRAFT. He weighs in on the 2009 edition of CMR's boys.

Good thing Georgia got TJ Stripling (Editor's note: to go along with Brandon Burrows, Garrison Smith, and Jalen Fields) because they need DEs after last year's failed passs rush. I still think Abry Jones is going to be all world.

Seriously though, Brandon Boykin and Sanders Commings(maybe he might move to FS with his size?) Along with Prince Miller on the other side The secondary is better already.

I still think outside of Rolando McClain and Brandon Spikes...Rennie Curran is maybe top 3 or 4 linebacker at any position in the SEC. Now he gets to play behind what I believe are the two best and most seasoned interior DT's in the country with Kade Weston to throw in the rotation.

I feel pretty much the same this year as I did last year even without Knowshon and Stafford. The reason I liked Georgia last year was the strength on the line and that's the same reason I like them this year they just have to stay healthy.

I think perhaps Cox is more of a Bobo/Richt type of QB than the strong armed but reckless Stafford. I mean I know he played a lot but it's hard for me to believe in as run heavy a conference David Green had nearly 12,000 yards of passing in his career. They are set up well if Chappas can pick up where Southerland left off and if Orson Charles can adapt to the speed of college quickly. I think they will use a lot of guys on offense this year and their defense is improved nearly everywhere.

It's just that Florida is a much better team than last year as well....if Georgia is healthy going into that game though the talent gap isn't that far off at but a few positions. 49-10 should be in their minds and Georgia if healthy will be a tougher more tested team. I don't know if that would translate into a win but I think honestly I'm disappointed if they don't win 10 or 11 games this year even with that schedule.

One man's opinion. Florida is the only team on the schedule that I feel across the board may have a slight talent edge.

2 comments:

Bulldawg Frank said...

I think that the DLine with a healthy Owens helps the ends, who should be better with the infusion of talent. And the secondary appears to be faster this year with Commings and Boykin. I know Asher Allen was fast, but it seems like Boykin is an athletic freak. And Bryan Evans' move to safety will help. He's a CB but will be playing safety. That's a good thing.

I don't know why, but i have a REALLY good feeling about this team. I think Cox will be fine, they just need a RB to emerge and with DJax, Caleb, CThomas, Wayshaun, and Dicky Samuel, surely ONE will emerge, right? Any one of those will be running behind Chapazz and Munzenmeir and that O-Line... As far as receivers, AJ Green is back and so is Aron White. They say that Arthur Lynch is ready to go as a big blocker and he can catch too from his HS stats. Orson Charles will be a matchup problem for the opposition and WE know that TKing will be good. Throw in Michael Moore (who looked pretty good in the bowl game) and the two freshman, I'm not worried about Cox's weapons. And with Aaron Murray coming in every now and then to mix it up.....this could be a scary good season.

I am SUCH a homer!

SportsbyFletch editors said...

Oooops, A Blogspot computer glitch led to Anonymous's comment to get wiped out.

Let me summarize what it said...

"I live in my parents' basement, playing Magic the Gathering on days ending in "-ay" and my Ti82 graphing calculator has 87 games, most of which I programmed myself!

Regardless, I choose to ignore the fact that Georgia Tech lost 7 straight years to Georgia, instead I choose to dwell on on game where a Pick-6 and a KOfumble led to two gift touchdowns to help us win by 3.
I also love to say '45-42, Suck It!' because I'm just not funny or smart enough to think of anything else to say. REGGIE BALL IS MY HERO!"

That's the gist of what it said. SBF is looking into making certain Blogspot doesn't delete those comments again. Thanks for your patience.