Thursday, December 3, 2009

Willie has been freed, Will Richt make a Smart move?

Now that Willie Martinez's contract will not be picked up for next year (along with John Jancek and Jon Fabris), I am right back where I was a few weeks back: HIRE KIRBY SMART!

Now the boys at the AJC believe my reasoning is crazy (though mark bradley more or less said what I've been saying for a while: Saban will ALWAYS get the defensive credit whereever he is. Sorry Kirby. Come make some cash and get all of the credit!), but I still say call Kirby Smart and try and bring him home.
The only bad thing is that Kirby coached under Richt once as a running backs coach. I wonder how that went....Did it end badly?

Please call him and tell him to come home and that he'll get ALL of the credit. Tell Bobo, his former teammate to recruit him. BRING THE MAN HOME. PLEASE.

Other options, the D-Coor from TCU Dick Bumpas or perhaps Mark Stoops (but I doubt he'd want to leave his brother Mike for ANOTHER coordinator gig. He is the leader for Youngstown State's HC job). Anthony Poindexter @ UVa probably is too young to be a DCoor.

I don't really know how I feel about Ellis Johnson coming down from SoCar. Sure he knows the area, but he feels like a retread. I really want more of a younger guy that can come up like BVG did back in 2001. Fresh ideas, fresh schemes, young enough to identify with his charges. Johnson has been at SoCar among other SEC stops and I get the feeling that if he was REALLY good, maybe SoCar wouldn't be 3-5 in the SEC...

Call Smart or go with an unknown. That's this guy's stand. But SBF endorses the hiring of Kirby Smart.

Please.

No comments: