Thursday, August 21, 2008

and about NOW the execs wish they could rename the show

I watched the last 5 episodes of season two of Dawson's Creek last night and I saw...
-Abby die
-Jen freak out and get kicked out of Grams'
-Andie turn into a looney toon
-Andie leave
-Dawson get Joey to wear a wire and send her dad back to jail

and I have to say that even though I hate Jen, Joey and Dawson, PACEY IS FREAKING AWESOME. He totally saves this show. I think the producers realized what a douche Dawson was (and James Van Der Beek was) and decided, "F-it. I know it is called Dawson's Creek, but from now on, the hero is PACEY!" I am assuming THAT'S why he eventually will end up with Joey. But whether it's Pacey hitting his dad or getting Andie to come out of the bathroom, Pacey is a freaking superstar.

As for Jen, she freaks out after Abby dies, ummm you DID crash a wedding and then get drunk and watched your friend drown. And PS, what were you wearing to crash that wedding? I would have thrown you out if I were Andie and even if you HAD been invited for wearing that. SERIOUSLY? And hey Jen, way to crush a mother of a girl that just died with your You-Goog-ily there. REALLY? And as for your whole, "Grams, you have to admit, I've been through a lot for a 16 year old girl." How much was self-inflicted? Did someone FORCE you into all of those sex positions as a 14 year old? And your demands about moving back in? REALLY? Where were you going to go? On a bus to WHORESVILLE? You should have been BEGGING Grams to let you back in.

OK, Joey, I can't believe you wore a wire to bust your dad. REALLY? If I had been Mike Potter, I'd tattoo Joey's name on my knuckles, then if I EVER got out, I'd find her and treat her like one of Vick's dogs. You SNITCH! But how could you do that? Even if he IS doing something illegal, you MOVE AWAY with him. What was REALLY tying you to Capeside. Move away and start fresh somewhere where he won't fall RIGHT BACK INTO the traps. I am sure you can be poor somewhere else.

Now moving on to THE worst lead character EVER. I know you may say that "but it was the writers that made Dawson a 10lb bag of crap in a 7lb bag," but I disagree. I don't think JVDB brought much to the table. Just saying. And you got your girlfriend to wear a wire? Really? Did that make you feel good about yourself? (PS, this blog is brought to you by the word REALLY) As for your film career, I am not sure it is going to work out for you if you can't take criticism from a Hollywood washout that is now teaching in Capeside. Yeah.

Finally, I had a problem with Dawson's mom turning down Mitch by saying, "on no you want what we had. I need to go away for a while so we can find what we lost." Um isn't his asking you to stay FINDING WHAT YOU LOST, You know, what you HAD? I was a bit confused. REALLY.

Bottom line, Pacey hit his dad and finally stood up to him, then he broke down and cried, and it got a little dusty in Club Ferry. Yes it did. But Pacey continues to be the best freaking character in the whole show (actually Jack is pretty cool too now that he is gay and has a better hairstyle), but I am sure that the writers kicked Andie off the show so Pacey can get it on with Joey. And I hope that Joey becomes a cooler character now that the osmosis from Dawson might be over. By just osmosizing with Pacey she will become 10X cooler. Just saying.
All I can hope is that JVDB and Michelle Williams send Joshua Jackson some icy-hot and pillows for his back from having to CARRY the show for the entire second season. Just saying...............REALLY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more Roomie - Pacey is the best character on the show. I am SO glad you are finally watching this.