Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Paddy Harrington steps up & OTHER STUFF I was right about

Every now and then I like to toot my own horn. This is a chance for me to toot it.
You can skip this if you'd like, but HEY, why not just read it and call me amazing?

Someone needed to win both the PGA and British Open and help the PGA Tour get back to treading water without Tiger. I hoped it would be a foreigner so when Tiger came back it could be like Rocky IV. I even hoped it would be someone from Europe that could maybe make a statement in the Ryder Cup to help spike ratings for Augusta and Tiger's return. Well Paddy Harrington stepped up, won his 2nd straight British Open as well as pulling off the rare feat of the British and PGA back-to-back, and now he looks like the strongest #2 Tiger has ever faced. Yes, I believe in Paddy over Phil at this point. Harrington won't blink under the pressure whereas Lefty still ALWAYS does. I think if Harrington takes down Mickleson at the Ryder Cup, the CBS folks would be thirsting for a Tiger/Harrington final pairing at Augusta. WOW. I said someone needed to step up ala Triple H when StoneCold went down, and Harrington did.

I said that the Hawks should have played the waiting game with Josh Smith because he wasn't worth max money. JSmoove couldn't believe that the Hawks wouldn't give a guy with a penchant for taking(not making, mind you) a 27 footer with 19 seconds left on the shotclock a max deal? What why not? Because you aren't smart enough to see you aren't worth it. Then they played it right, knowing he would panic and go sign with another team, not realizing that the Hawks were just waiting for a team to only offer him a deal in the 11.5 range instead of having to shell out 14/15 a year to keep him. Sure enough JSmoove did and the Hawks resigned their man to a smart deal so the team can still sign a PG this off-season. (HINT: Resign Bibby. you didn't make the postseason BEFORE he got there. You won't if the only true PG you've had the last 10 years leaves. Just saying...........)

Philip Rivers, Just saying. STILL Right about that one.

Mack Brown is NOTHING without Vince Young. Pretty sure that every season just confirms that one.

Florida would lose 5 games last year. Sorry, they only lost 4. Way to go Kentucky, letting them off the hook. Same with you Ole Miss. Good work losers!


Lastly, I wasn't right or wrong about this, but how about the season premire of The Hills last night? I like how LC said, "Oh I want you to meet my friends" to new man Doug. Umm I am pretty sure he knows your friends already. He went to a Lakers game with Frankie. And he is living in Hollywood and went to high school with them. You seem to still be hanging with them. I bet THEY KNOW HIM already. Lastly, can Lo get assassinated? She is just annoying at this point. She was rude to Audrina in their little talk and as for trying? Huh? When? In your room during her birthday party?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I actually think Lo is hilarious, I want more of her on the show! Audrina was way bitchier during their "talk".