Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Midweek Entertainment report 8/13/08..the bg 2.7.

Phelps is the GOAT, an immigrant helps America be UGLY, Mrs. Pitt steals a role from Mr. Katie Holms and I am old
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE MIDWEEK ENTERTAINMENT REPORT!
CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP!

When he touched the wall last night to capture his 10th gold (and later his 11th career gold), Michael Phleps became, according to Dan Hicks, "the greatest of all time." He is the most decorated of all time with now 11 golds to go along with a few other colors from 2000 and 2004, and I think he has become one of THE MOST DOMINANT CLOSERS in all of Sports. Of all time. The list includes Jordan, Tiger and now Phelps. Roger Federer has fallen from the list. When there is something up for debate in the pool, Phelps goes in and crushes. Every single medal he's won in China has come with a world record. He is doing something so well that no one else even has a shot. He is doing events he didn't do in 2004 and he is planning on a few new events in 2012 that he isn't doing now. He is 23. In 2012 he is 27(another 6 golds), in 2016 he is 31(and he could win 2 or 3 medals in that one). The guy will be, if he isn't already THE MOST DOMINANT/GREATEST Olympian ever.
If you want to debate, fine. Jessie Owens..did he compete in the 1932 or 1940? Spitz did the 1968, but won two medals? Carl Lewis had a range, but so does Phelps. Phelps is probably the owner of a wider variety of skilss than Lewis.
I guess I have to wait until 2012 for everyone else to agree with me, but let's be real. He is the best closer in all of sports right now, especially with Tiger on the shelf and it cannot be argued. PERIOD

So Alicia Sacramone blew the gold for the Women's Olympic gymnastics team (well as much as Terrence Edwards blew the UGA/Florida game in 2002. He didn't really, the team did with the Pollack forward lateral and the JT Wall failure to get into the endzone, but we can forget all of that by just remembering Terrence dropping the wide open pass. Same with Alicia's two falls. The team had a shot, but the balance beam fall then the floor fall did the team in. And that hurts, I was rooting for her and the team. In fact I thought she was the hottest-sorry wifey.) but it was the coach Marta Krolyi that is making us the Ugly Americans again. She is claiming that the judges purposly froze Alicia before her beam routine. Then there was the claim that the judges were not taking off enough from China's wobbles. MARTA, just say Congrats to China and get your girls ready for the individual events. Shawn Johnson said it. Why Can't you?
(And on a side note, I feel really bad for Alicia because at 20 years old, her career is likely over, and she has probably been working on these routines since she was 3 or 4. Imagine pouring your ENTIRE life into these Games, only to fall or come up short and realize that your entire life has been a failure. Not saying she doesn't have time to rebound and make something of her life, but her entire life leading up to this week WAS for this week. It was Gold or bust and a silver is considered a bust by the Americans. I remember when I was 20, I wouldn't consider my life a bust because I was still striving for a career in radio and/or tv and upon graduation I got one. So I guess I was a success. Too bad for Alicia that it was not. I know that, as she goes to Brown, she WILL make something of herself in the future, but going on their arguments, it was all wasted. But at least she had the shot that a few of the other girls that were injured didn't get. That would be worse, to never know...)

I see where the Producers of "SALT" will replace Tom Cruise with Angelina Jolie in the leading role. They will change the character from male to female in the role of CIA operative accused of being a Russian Spy attempting to assassinate the prez. That is strange, isn't it? Going, "well we've got Tom Cruise, but his scientology stuff is freaking us out. We should replace him, but who to get? Matt Damon? Josh Hartnett? Brad Pitt? Wait, how about Pitt's wife/partner? Yeah, that would be PERFECT!" Male to female. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Oh well. I just hope Angelina signs on as Catwoman for the next Batman movie.

Finally, I feel old. I'm 27 now and I think i saw some gray hair this morning. I guess that's better than NO HAIR.

I would say sorry for the Olympics dominated mwer, but NO. That's what's on TV these days. And I can do whatever I want.
Have a good one, Everybody!

No comments: