Thursday, August 28, 2008

IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!

Thanksgiving is #1 and Christmas is #2, but I would HAVE to say that Labor Day is my #3 favorite holiday of the year. WHY? It signals the kickoff of the COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON. OH YEAH! It is on a Monday, so I can recover from doing NOTHING but watching football on Saturday and even Sunday. It is ZONEtastic. I love it.
And now another season is upon us. Birds are singing, music is playing. I LOVE IT.

(The only thing I hate is now the folks on Dave FM are "talking" about football like they know something. It physically HURTS me when folks who know NOTHING about sports start talking sports on the radio, but somewhere out there a receptionist at a dentist office is going to hear them and think they know what they are talking about, then she is going to go home and annoy her husband with a stupid piece of trivia that the "radio experts" said earlier after reading off the ajc.com. OH that pisses me off. But I digress.)

Back to college football being here though. You know that on Fridays I will be giving my picks per usual, but with the kickoff here, I figured I'd give you a BONUS day of picks RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW. (And since this ISN'T a gambling site and the last time I checked, teams only have a win column and a loss column, not a win but didn't cover column and/or a lose but won with the points column. I only pick the straight up winners and losers.)
And HERE WE GO...........................
Vandy @ Miami. This should be a blowout. Vandy will get crushed by Miami. Wait, it is Miami (OH). Well they will STILL lose. PS, why is an SEC school going TO Miami of Ohio. (I also see that Miss State-a bowl team last year- is going to Louisiana Tech this Saturday? What's up with that? Hey Sly Croom, if you think you really have arrived as an SEC Program, start acting like one. UGA would NEVER travel to LaTech. Just saying.... Miami OH beats Vandy, but I will be rooting for the Commawhores.

NCSU @ SoCar. So Spurrier was going to wait to suspend four starters until the team's fifth game against Wofford, instead of game 1 v NCState, game2 v Miss State, game3 v UGA, game4 SEC Opponent, but his star tailback STOLE A POWERADE from a gas station so Spurrier was FORCED to suspend Mike Davis for tonight's game. IT'S ABOUT TIME! What is it with picking and choosing what game they are suspended for, huh? That is such crap. But you can tell Ole Ball Coach (Clickclack) finally realizes where he is and what little talent he has he needs for the big games. You wouldn't see CMR say "Hmmmmm I know we open with Okie State, then play SoCar, so I think I will wait to suspend my player until the third game." NO. And neither would Urban Meyer. Just saying. SoCar's Defense will carry them to this win though.On a side note, you will NEVER hear me use UGA's schedule as a crutch this season. It pisses me off when folks dismiss UGA because of their schedule-all winnable games fyi-but last night I almost lost it when Arnie Spainaird-whatever his name is-said that UGA's ooc schedule was too soft, compared to Florida was his example. Ummm Arine, let's break down the two skeds. You mentioned UGA plays no one like Miami or Fla State. Fla also plays Hawaii and Citadel, which you DID say was the Gators' cupcake. Florida state is on the SAME LEVEL as Georgia Tech at this point. Yeah, that's how far they have fallen. I am thinking GT beats FSU when they play this year. Just saying. As for Miami, wow, speaking of mediocre. But I will give you the "Name" of Miami if you are willing to concede #16 preseason Arizona State! And Hawaii, without Colt Brennan and June Jones, yeah THAT should be tough. WAIT, almost as tough as when UGA beat them LAST YEAR WITH both of those two. I think the Central Michigan team UGA faces would beat them. Finally, the Citadel and GaSouthern are a wash. Same conference. JUST SAYING. Florida's schedule is easier Arnie. SHADDUP!

#23 Wake Forest @ Baylor Of course Wake will win this. According to Da Kang Chuck Oliver of 790 The Zone Wake is a ZONETASTIC program, no longer a Zonetastic story. Gee Chuck, did TSN say that and you ripped it off like you do with all of your other "inside information"?

Oregon State @ Stanford. This game is on TV ONLY because....well I can't figure out why. Pac10 love from ESPN? They have to do this stuff so they have an excuse to go to USC 30 times a year? I can ONLY IMAGINE the creamfest that ESPN had when Duh Ohio State University agreed to play USC. Oregon State wins against the Smarty Pants.

Local Color-part one
Jacksonville State @ GT. I thought it was so funny that this game is ONLY on the internet. I think JCole said that the Tech Nerds could watch the game WHILE playing Magic on-line. I disagree. I think they have it on their i-phones while LARPING. And if you don't know what LARPing is, I just feel bad for you and your girlfriend/boyfriend. Wait, check that. I don't feel bad, because that means you AREN'T A NERD. Nevermind. PS, I also think that when Paul Johnson read that Ryan Perriloux (spelling) was going to Jax State after he was sent packing from LSU (Hey Spurrier, see you ARE allowed to kick repeat offenders at QB off the team. Stephen Garcia come to mind?), he probably thought, "Crap. Now we might actually have to play." No matter though. Tech might be pretty decent this season. I think they WIN TONIGHT and celebrate with a tickle pile!

Alright check back in tomorrow for the rest of the picks.

No comments: