Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First in Flight, last in PARENTING!

I was reading yahoo.com just a minute ago, and I threw up in my mouth. I saw where 16 year old Blake Peebles from Raleigh recently dropped out of high school OVER A YEAR AGO to devote more time to playing Guitar Hero. HUH? And apparently the state is letting him get away with it. According to the Raleigh News and Observer, this moron is "receiving at-home tuition in lieu of his schooling." WHAT? Tax dollars are going to this clown? I hope that was a typo on yahoo and from the newspaper.

Apparently it is all good though because this fool puts himself "among the top 15 or 20 Guitar Hero players in the country." That isn't an official ranking mind you. Just the one in his head. Why does he think that? well he's made about $1000 in prizes so far. Interesting. I saw a bar in downtown Atlanta that was giving away $1000 for ONE contest. Soooo in a YEAR of not going to school just to sit on his butt (actually I guess you don't sit while playing this game) he has basically won ONE tourney. Yeah, RIGHT UP THERE NEAR THE TOP JACK-OFF!

Listen, I realize that there ARE people out there making a living being "professional gamers" but they are PROBABLY making MORE than $1000 a year.

This is the worst part. He isn't an orphan. I would have thought MAYBE that's how his parents let him drop out of school, because they were dead. BUT NO. THEY ARE ALIVE, though maybe brain dead. The newspaper article said that the GUITAR HERO just "bugged them until they let him quit." "We couldn't take the complaining anymore," Peebles' mother Hunter told the News & Observer. "He always told me he thought school was a waste of time." Oh, well if a 16 year old says so, it MUST BE TRUE.

WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? If I tried to miss a day of school because I was sick, I was sent to school ANYWAYS. Are these parents for real?

I just think this is crazy. Am I in another universe right now where parents let their kids drop out of school to focus on video games? This isn't real right? Yahoo.com was kidding right?

no?

we are doomed.

No comments: