Friday, August 1, 2008

Might have been THE SADDEST season finale ever

Before I get into the reason for this blog, I want to say that I've caught up on Mad Men (aka the entire first season plus the season premire of Season 2) and I must say I don't know what to think. Some of the episodes from Season 1 were just FANTASTIC, then others, I just get confused and think, "Wait, that's it? That's the episode? Huh?" All of the critics say this show is fantastic, but I think they are all trying to be uber-cool and hip. While it had some good episodes, I wouldn't say they ALL were Zone-tastic. I just wouldn't. And especially the season 2 premire, when the wife gets jealous of her former roommate, the current call girl, and decides that she wants to sell herself for $6? I didn't get that. Oh well.

But back to THE SADDEST season finale ever. I never thought anything could surpass The OC's Season 1 finale, but then I saw Dawson's Creek's Season 1 finale last night. (we have decided that's the next full series the Wifey and I was checking out on Netflix. I never watched it growing up and Wifey says that it is right up my alley) But with Gramps dying and Joey visiting her father in prison, I had some tears. At least with the OC, you knew Ryan was coming back, but in DC, Gramps is REALLY DEAD. you can't come back from the dead like you can from Chino. And Mr. Potter is in prison, that's now exactly right down the road. The only bad part about this whole thing is........I hate Dawson. I think he is a little wuss. I am OPENLY rooting for Joey to pick Pacey, and I was HAPPY when Jen dumped Dawson for Scott Foley. How often is it that a series is successful when you have a HATEABLE main character? Just wondering.
It's no West Wing, but the season was enjoyable. Looking forward to when/if Joey and Pacey hook that up (I know they eventually end up together, I saw the series finale.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That series will frustrate you F man.

Easily, the least likeable "main character" in a popular TV series.

I won't completely give the rest away, but you'll dislike that Dawson fellow forever.

Be it Party of 5 or The OC or Dawsons Creek the reason males watch that show is because of the Girl Next Door... but why does she climb through the window of the absolute Dbag next door??? why?

At least Atwood was kind of cool... too bad Mischa Barton has pretty much worn out her acting gig. I can't really see her getting much further employment.