Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Arby's to buy Wendy's?

I heard this news and it was a bit troubling. First off, Arby's always wants to be "different is good" and everything, but then they go and buy the #2 hamburger fastfood chain in America? Just tell me the baconator and the Junior Bacon Cheeseburger aren't going anywhere!
I guess this isn't such a bad thing. I would LOVE a baconator with some of those curly fries.

I just think it is kind of weird that Arby's is now getting down and dirty with a hamburger after trying to not do that for so long. Oh well. Everyone sells out eventually. But I guess they are more BUYING IN rather than Selling out. Whatever.

I also hope this is the end of the racoons in the Wendy's ads. And can we get rid of that "wendy" voice over girl please? Bring back the Dave Thomas actor. That wasn't the REAL Dave Thomas, the guy that died a few years back. Just bring back a Dave Thomas "Character." I mean, if you faked it once, just fake it again.

And Wendy's PLEASE bring back the Superbar! I just to LOVE that superbar. I would go there with my Dad on our Wednesday night dinners. Fantastic. You had a SALAD BAR, a Pudding bar, a mexican bar. It was awesome. Dipping the pepperonis in the nacho cheese and dalloping a little ranch on top. NICE!

On that note, I wish MORE places would offer some sort of buffet bar of their food. CiCi's does for Pizza and Pizza Hut used to. Come on Zaxby's, let's have a salad bar and some chicken fingers out there with a big vat of Zax's Sauce. I would be willing to pay $14.99 a pop for an all-you-can-eat Zaxby's Bar.

McDonald's could have the fries and chicken nuggets. maybe even the mini hamburgers. I'd probably go 8.50

Taco Bell. HERE YOU GO! 9.99 and you have the taco bar, the burrito bar, the nacho bar. Heck, I'd pay 12.99 for that.

Chick-fil-A Waffle Fries, salad, wraps, nuggets. Fruit. Grilled chicken. Make it happen! I would likely go to the Zaxby's bar first, but you get the idea.


Why won't more places do this? Because they are afraid I would come probably.

No comments: