Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Weekly ponderations on high school football

Why is Buford still a AA school? Just wondering. I debated this with IJ the other day on 790 The Zone. We BOTH think Buford could AT LEAST go up to AAA status. They just crush the AA competition and they are at it again. This time, they squashed previously ranked AAA North Hall. I say throw them in with all of the Hall County schools. They will probably still destroy those guys too, but come playoff time, maybe they wouldn't just roll thru to state title after state title. I know a win is a win, but they are pretty much like USC right now. Is it REALLY that satisfying winning a conference or classification every year when your competition is crappy?
Hey we are the tallest midget! Yippee! Move up OR before your region schedule begins, travel IN GEORGIA to play bigger schools instead of going to Ohio or Texas. Just saying. Play Carver-Columbus instead of Timberview Texas. You claim you are always the best...prove it.

That said, the ONLY school that can challenge Buford this season: Dublin. Yep. Sorry Charlton County, sorry Lovett. Dublin and Rashard Smith is IT! Even so, Buford will roll over them. MOVE UP ALREADY.

I can't WAIT for the state semis and finals in AAA with Cairo and Carver-Columbus. I would LOVE to witness that one. Cairo has so many weapons with Pease among others and Carver-Columbus as defending state champs have reloaded. They should be Zonetastic again come playoff time. My predix for the other final four in AAA: Flowery Branch with Conner Shaw and Dunwoody with Cooper and that running back.

In A, ECI survived an upset bid, but I can't see anyone really challenging them with TWO bonified D-1 prospects in Ealy and Moody. Won't be stopped by anyone this season.

I took in AAAA's Chamblee v North Springs and I say that Chamblee's backfield of Stormin' Warren Norman, Darius Jones and QB Garrett Williams is one of the most talented in ALL of GA State football (yeah, Camden. I think I give CHS the advantage.) Norman just puts his head down and is GOING to get 7 yards. you might stop him them, but not before 7 yards. Jones is a threat to do the distance EVERY time he touches it. And Garrett Williams just needs to trust his own skills more. I just don't think he knows how good he is. That said, I think Tucker beats them. With TCC down, and Chamblee having just moved up into the AAAA field, unless Westside-Macon is super-zonetastic, this is Tucker's year. Ware is down.

Finally AAAAA I cannot sing the praises of North Cobb enough here. I just shudder to think what they would have been last season if Emerson could have gone and Roark had been out at Wideout. The defense looked sharp with Lott busting heads and stopping a key "fake" field goal last week against MLKing. I think North Cobb made a statement and I think they win this weekend against Harrison and they SHOULD have been ranked this week. I would go so far as to say that NCHS is the best Cobb school out there. Yeah and I included Walton in that last statement.

No comments: