Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Picks ONE DAY EARLY!!!

As you all know, I will be hanging with Rod Tidwell this weekend at the UGA beatdown of Arizona State. I leave tonight and won't be able to post the picks tomorrow, so I am giving them to you ONE DAY EARLY! How about that!?!?!?!

Tonight
#21 West Va @ Colorado. This ain't intramurals Brother, This is Division 1 Thursday night FOOTBALL! Pat White and Company are too good to lose to this team on the rise in Boulder. The Buffs will be good, just not in this game. BUT all of this goes away if Pat White goes to one of Colorado's infamous parties before the game and gets messed up. West Va on the road is always questionable though because they see a whole bunch of hot women that they AREN'T related to and sometimes that is distracting....But still take the Neers!

Saturday....
Troy @ #13 Duh Ohio State University..Gotsa go with Ohio State here. Terelle Pryor will be doing a whole bunch of the quarterbacking for the Buckeyes. But wait, now that Tony Franklin (and his AMAZING offense) isn't there anymore, perhaps Troy will win? No, upon further review the Troy team will NOT be using players from their Sandy Springs campus so I am going with tOSU and with the win, they will probably be ranked ahead of UGA after UGA wins and still moves down. That makes sense!

#15 ECU @ NC State. So NCState could have gotten Skip Holtz but they went with Tom O'Brien? Interesting. I will TOTALLY bring this up EVERYTIME Skip plays against a school with an overinflated ego had a position open. Ole Miss, SoCar, etc...ECU Wins because NC State is turrbull!

Temple @ #16 Penn State. Paul Mac has gone ahead and called it: BOLD PREDICTION: PSU WINS THE BIG 11! The Big 11 champ doesn't lose to TEMPLE! Just teams from the SEC and Pac-10....HA!

Iowa @ Pitt. Remember when both of these coaches were HOT? I hate having to pick this game, but go with Pitt at home. Wanny DOES have a nice mustache that will ALWAYS be hot. Weren't they picked to win the Big Easy? Not by ME mind you, but by someone I think.

#9 Bama @ Arkie. Tony Barnhardt of the AJC wondered the other day if Arkansas will lose the remainder of their games this season. I would LAUGH at that. But then again, i don't hate Booby Petrino because he didn't stab MY team in the back. And COME ON Falcons fans, did you REALLY want Petrino as your coach? I think NOT. Bama ROLLS over Arkie and Dick is ONCE AGAIN rendered useless by a Crimson Tide. (think about it....)

SCSU @ #23 Klimpsen...I love it when the Tiggers play teams like this and the Tiger Rag faithful sing their little "Hold that tiger" song and then SIT DOWN TO WATCH THE GAME. You may have beaten the Citadel and NCSU and this game, but you are 0-1. Deal with it!

Buffalo @ #5 Mizzou. I am going with the Tigers, but remember those MTV shows The Fraternity Life and Sorostitute Life? They were based at Buffalo. Remember that? If I EVER had any second thoughts on maybe I should have joined a fraternity or gone Greek, after watching those shows I am SO GLAD I didn't do an elephant walk. Tigers win

Wyoming @ #14 BYU. The Cougars (HEY NOW!) are trying to break into the BCS. Maybe you should play a REAL team and NOT WYOMING or UCLA (59-0) Wait, UCLA beat Tennessee. Crap! Way to go Tennessee!

Zona @ UCLA. The Bruins just lost to BYU 59-0 and Zona plain stinks. BUT I am headed out to Wildcat territory in a few hours and I don't want to get beaten up at the airport. Wildcats win this one.

Boise State @ #17 Oregon. I was wrong about Oregon. My bad. Your ugly green unis helped you win against Purdon't Good for you guys. Are you NOW going to ask for credibility for beating a mid-major? Nope. Welcome to UGA's world. You SHOULD win this and when you do, "well you were supposed to?" If you lose, HOW COULD YOU LOSE TO THOSE GUYS? No wonder no one wants to play these fools. I'd rather play GaSouthern too. Ducks quack out a win

Notre Dame @ Michigan State. The Fupas v Sparty. People are TOO QUICK to say that Notre Dame IS BACK (TURNER THIS INCLUDES YOU!). You beat Javon Ringer and maybe I will say that. But I have to think Ringer will run all over the Fupas. PS, now that Weis REALLY can't exercise because of the torn ACL, do you think his FUPA will get BIGGER?

VaTech @ UNC. I can't call this one an upset because I think EVERYONE is calling it an upset. If everyone says it, it isn't one. Like how a sleeper is no longer a sleeper if everyone says they are a sleeper. UNC beats VaTech at home. GT should have beaten VATECH in that "electric" atmosphere up there last week. Heels win in LOVELY Keynan Stadium

Miami @ TAMU. WOW, go back to 1988 and this might have been a fun game. But not now. Miami looked pretty good defensively against Florida for 3 QTRS and I know several Miami fans, so I will go with them. Plus I am STILL pissed that TAMU didn't interview any African Americans for this job before giving it to Sherman. That STILL pisses me off! Mock outrage by the way. Though GW Bush was appreciative of TAMU for doing that to get Jesse Jackson off his back over the whole Katrina thing.

#18 Wake @ #24 FSU. OK, so one ranked team deserves to be ranked and the other does not. WOW that I am saying Wake deserves to be ranked and FSU doesn't. WHERE am I living? Honestly though Wake has a fantastic QB in Riley Skinner who is going home (sort of) and FSU has two young QBs splitting time. Advantage Wake. Game WAKE. But just don't ask Josh Howard to be on the sidelines during the National Anthem....

Vandy @ Ole Miss. I would actually LIKE to watch this game. I think it would be a really good game. I am taking Ole Miss because it is AT the Grove and I think Snead is a pretty darned good QB. Plus Greg Hardy will play a bit and that should fire up the Rebel faithful. Hey, How is Jerrell Powell doing? Boy was THAT much ado about nothing, huh? Yep. Saw that one coming.

#6 LSU @ #10 Auburn. AUBURN JUST WON A GAME 3-2! Yeah. And Chris Todd is still their QB? And Brad Lester was taken out on a stretcher. Yeah Auburn fans, you guys are just sandbagging until LSU comes to town. Even without a stud at QB, LSU STILL has a stable of runningbacks and a DLine that is just WAITING to beat up Brandon Cox-er I mean Chris Todd. 17 points? This should be the lock of the week! LSU Rolls and wins the SEC West.

Professional ranks-if you can call them that...
KC @ Atlanta. I will be interested to see Dorsey against Matt Ryan. I DID think it was funny that yesterday on 790 the Zone's Afternoon Saloon, newbie David Pollack said that Dorsey and Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson "aren't anything to [him]. What have they done?" Ummm Davey, I know you were a Dawg (that cost us the Florida game in 2002 with the forward lateral FYI) but WHAT DID YOU DO IN THE PROS? just asking...
Falcons win though because Tyler Thigpen went to Coastal Carolina. Yeah, he's KC's QB until they draft Matthew Stafford this April.

Lock of the week: Deadbolt
Rice @ #7 Texas. The Longhorn's game against Arkie was Ike'd out last week, so Mack Brown and co have had two weeks to scheme for Rice? They might score 100

Upset of the week: A guy can hope right?
#4 Florida @ Tennessee. The ONLY thing I can say is that the Vols DO play better at home. Florida STILL doesn't have a running game. Maybe Fulmer has gotten this guys up for this game because YET ANOTHER LOSING SEASON or 4th place finish MIGHT spell the end of Fulmer. So I am hoping they get geeked up and Eric Berry makes a few plays...and maybe Tebow sleeps late and misses the first three quarters. Only hope.

Local rooting interest!
Miss State @ GT. GT should be 3-0, but instead they are 2-1. Make it 2-2 after this game. If VaTech managed to shutdown (for the most part) this offense, Miss State will do it even more. This won't be 3-2 like Missy State's last game, but 13-10, I wouldn't be surprised. Bulldogs do it for the SEC.

#3 UGA @ Arizona State. Hey Rudy Carpenter, I TOLD you to watch out for UNLV last week. I told you fans to quit asking for UGA. You didn't take care of business and now UGA's thumping of you won't be while you are ranked #12 in the country. THANKS ASS-HATS! Oh well. Will UGA Blitz? will they stay back? Will it matter? NO! People thought Hawaii had a pretty strong offense last season too. The ONLY chance ASU has is if UGA's plane doesn't arrive in time. (But if they are flying AirTran, they probably WILL be late). Anyways, look for me on TV. I'll be the a-hole trying to high five ASU fans (since I think I will be sitting in their section) and yelling, "It's JUST! TOO! EASY!"

No comments: