Thursday, September 25, 2008

Weekly High School football update

Yes I was in the AZ last Friday, but I still have my finger on the pulse of GAHSF! I did the show for Pete's Sake!
My thoughts.....................
North Cobb has REALLY fallen off ever since I gave them some love after MLKing. That's Shane Queen! And as for Derrick Lott saying UGA isn't a lock, ummm you should EMBRACE an offer IF they give you one. If I were UGA, I say go after the two LBs (Davis and/Jones) or the Braden Smith kid from Booker T. DONE. Derrick Lott, no thank you.

Norcross, I thought you had NGHS beat! a 19-0 lead WITH DJ Adams, but somehow you lose? WOW. I was wrong on that team too. But at the end of the year they will be THE #4 seed you DO NOT want to face come playoff time. That is fo-sho!

I know Meadowcreek sucks, but their QB is fantastic. What numbers! I wonder where he will transfer to next year...i mean move in with his aunt. That's it

Hey Buford, could you please move up one classification? Please?

Grayson is the real deal. I spoke with the head coach Mickey Conn there yesterday and he said that his interior lines have been the biggest surprise this season. They look strong and could take this team deep into the playoffs. Plus, tyler horne can throw it around. He was given the chance against South Gwinnett last week and boy did he. Now you can't stack the box to stop Ean and JEJ. And Conn said that he will take what the D gives him. Wow, to have options. I am thinking that Brookwood's three year reign might be over....
but then Brookwood hasn't lost in 27 straight region games, dating back to 10/1/04. Yeah, you read that correctly. But I think as good as Coach Crews is, he said it right when I spoke with him yesterday; "This team's goal is to reach the playoffs and maybe win a school record 4th straight." Just get to the playoffs Coach. That would be an accomplishment considering how you started and what you had returning.

Parkview seems to be clicking now with Brandon Jacobs have 7tds the last two games. He is headed to Auburn...unless he gets drafted by the MLB. And TaRon Squires can run too! This game against Grayson should be HUGE!

As for folks just now realizing Zach Mettenberger can chuck it...umm did you not listen to High School High Five last year when Fletcher Proctor and Paul Mac gushed about his arm, having seen him LAST SEASON. I know he has ONLY gotten stronger, and it will be great to see what he can do WITH TALENT. (Why doesn't Oconee County HS have better talent? Just wondering)

I was RIGHT about Rashard Smith of Dublin. he had 5 INTs last week. I know he plays QB, but he also plays CB. He INTERCEPTED 5 passes. HEY OPPONENT, THROW AWAY FROM HIM!

Lastly, I would take the team with no major college prospects but that plays like a team over the team that has the D-1 commits but doesn't function together well. I'd take Dalton (haven't had a losing season in 48 years) over Norcross RIGHT NOW. Just saying. If they played tomorrow and I had to pick a winner, I am going with Stryker Brown and the Catamounts over Prince Kent and Co.

No comments: