Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Liberal use of the word celebrity

I caught the first episode of "I'm a Celebrity...get me out of here!" last night, and I must say that NBC is REALLY being kind by considering some of these people celebrities.
Stephen Baldwin, well of course. He does EVERY "Celeb" game. Lou Diamond Phillips, I'll give you. Same with the Janice Dickinson woman.

And of course, SPEIDI. They are the biggest celebs on the show and Lou Diamond Phillips need to hide his jealousy a little better. Stephen Baldwin was right to credit Spencer for capitalizing and living in the moment, because in 5 years I doubt we'll still blog about them. But right now, they are HOT. A great get for NBC.

But the rest of the "celebs"? John Sally? What, did Best Damn Sports Show not renew the contract on Fox Sports? Sanjaya being called a "pop star" is funny too. Torrie Wilson is no Stacy Keibler. And Rob Blagovich's [sic] wife? Really? And who is Frangela? The comedy duo? Don't you have to be funny to be a comedian? I thought so.

In fact, the best part of the show was when Spencer slapped the waterbottle out of one of Frangela's hands and she started yelling at Spencer. He said "Do you know who you are talking to?" and she responded, "Do you know who YOU are talking to?"

If I had been Spencer I would have said, "Actually I DON'T know who you are. Sorry, could you please intro yourself?"

Great get for NBC though to grab Spencer and Heidi. NBC needs anything it can get right now. I am wondering though why Dustin Diamond wasn't invited instead of Frangela? Oh, I guess because he would have tried to keep the money for himself instead of giving it to charity. But really, Christian Slater wasn't available? You cancelled his show, but he is probably still under contract. Howie Mandel? You could have made Jimmy Fallon do it to promote his Late Nite Show. Or even Carson Daly to do the Late Shift or whatever it is called. Tim Meadows isn't working. Molly Shannon or Cheri O'Teri? Or that Kel kid from Kennan and Kel.

I am not certain how much longer I will watch this show though. With House on tonight (even though it IS a rerun) and Mental on (with that hot redhead-did you SEE at pencil skirt and maryjane combo she wore last week?) and the premire of Paris Hilton's New BFF, I don't think I have time for Speidi eating banana slugs.

Well, NBC, it was a good try. Need more star power though other than Speidi.

No comments: