Tuesday, June 9, 2009

MY MY MY top 15 pre-2-a-days football poll...

I don't care what Lindy's, Athalon, or Phil Steele says. I don't care what The Sporting News or the AJC is saying.

I am a college football fan and I know a pretty good deal about it. I am fairly accurate is calling out teams that are good and spotting the imposters. We here at Sportsbyfletch new Klimpsen was a poseur and we knew that Houston Nutt at Ole Miss is the best coach in the SEC never to have won a National Title.

So how do I see the 2009 season shaping up after spring ball and before 2-a-days start later this summer? Well let's take a peek, shall we?
15 Cal. With Jahvid Best (the fastest RB in the nation) and Kevin Riley at QB, could this team sneak up and steal the Rose Bowl from USC? Best might be Tedford's best RB while at Berkley, Marshawn Lynch included.

14 Kansas. This isn't so much my faith in Mr. "I'm thinking Arby's," as it is relief that Chase Daniels is FINALLY gone from Mizzou. Though I fear that Todd Reesing will be Gamedays' New CD and we will hear ALL about the 5'2 Reesing. (he isn't really 5'2, but he is short and with the blue uni looks like a smurf). Dezmon Briscoe and the RB Sharp also return.

13 Georgia. Come on. Like I'm going to give the farm away here. You'll have to wait each week for me to break down a position.

12 West Va. Noel Devine returns but Pat White is gone. Won't matter. Devine is back (still impregnating women all over Morgantown) and in the Big Easy, he will run all over.

11 Georgia Tech. The offense returns Dwyer and the Louisville transfer along with Roddy Jones (HE JUST SCORED AGAIN against UGA. CRAP!) to lead a potent rushing attack. I think the defense lost too much though for this team to hold onto a 3-0 start....for more check back before the season starts. Love Paul Johnson though.

10 Ohio State. Pryor is no longer a true freshman and he could be the next Vince Young. He'll get his lunch given back to him against USC, but I am thinking that this rebuilding year will lead to a huge year in 2010. Where he'll lose to Aaron Murray and the Dawgs!

9 Bama. The defense is great. The offense lost the line and the QB and the RB. But Saban is still the coach. Early losses though do these guys in, in terms of the SEC race. Ole Miss and Arkie.

8 Ole Miss. Love Snead and love Nutt. They two RBs are good and Hardy returning helps the loss of Jerry. How will they do with expectations? That is the question. But I think they play Florida in the SECCG, and Tebow gets his revenge. Hello Cotton Bowl!

7 Penn State. QB Daryl Clark returns to lead the Spread HD offense. They will rule a blah Big 10. But wait, isn't it ALWAYS blah?

6 Okie State. Boy the Pokes look good on offense with Hunter, Robinson and the wideout Bryant. Boy they will be tough in Stillwater. Boy, they might run the table. (I am trying to over inflate their heads.) And the defense SURELY will get better with Bill Young out there! (Come on Dawgs. Knock off these Big12 p*ssies!)

5 VaTech. After losing the opening game to Bama (which they will) they really could run the table straight to the Orange Bowl and a discussion about "should they play in the title game?" Answer: NO! But they do go 12-1 with a spot in the Orange Bowl against West Va. YEAH! A GAME NO ONE WILL WATCH! But Fox will STILL preempt House for it....

4 USC. I don't care that Dirty Sanchez is gone. Pete Carroll has three parade all-American QBs from which to replace him. Stephon Johnson is there as is McKnight (unless he's been kicked out again) and Brice Butler could get a chance! (that's why he went there from Norcross and not closer, right?) Plus Taylor Mays is still roaming the secondary. The defense lost a bunch, but unlike Tech, they DO have the horses to replace what they lost.

3 Oklahoma. The O-line took a hit, but my Boomer Sooners still have the Heisman winner, along with a few RBs and that TE Gresham. They will score 60+ again every game, especially in the Big 12 where Defense doesn't exist!

2 Texas. The defense took a hit, but Colt McCoy wins the Heisman this season and I will openly root for them in the BCSCG against....

1 Florida. Tim Tebow. That's all that needs to be said. Not even Hershel won two titles. Walker34 should have had multiple Heismans (and some can say so should Tebow RIGHT NOW), but Tebow might leave The Hole That God Forgot About with three titles and two Heismans and as the greatest College football player ever. Wow, who knew a fullback would ever have that title? But I think Florida/Texas is a better game than UF/OU was last year.

As far as the two instate teams, Georgia Tech, while I respect Paul Johnson and his 1-0 record as Georgia Tech head coach against Georgia, I see them having lost too much on the defensive side of the ball and finishing 7-5. The wins will be J-Ville State, Klimpsen, Miami, Miss State, Vandy, Wake, Duke and the losses will be UNC, FSU, VaTech, UVA(you never win there), and Georgia (CMR has never lost to Tech in Bobby Dodd. Just rename it Mark Richt Stadium: 31-17, 14-7, 34-17, 31-17. SUCK IT). I think FSU takes the Atlantic and faces likely VaTech in the ACC title game. (yawn......) UNC finishes ahead of GT in the Coastal. Tell me I'm wrong, but you know I'm not.

As far as the SEC, in the West, Ole Miss has the home schedule to dream of with LSU, Bama and Arkansas all coming TO Oxford, so go ahead and pencil them in for the West spot at the GA Dome. I think that Arkie gets Alabama early enough to beat them, even at the Capstone. LSU has a tough schedule and they might have a great (YOUNG) team, but I think they lose several and are out of the race by the time they play Arkansas.
Over in the east, the ONLY loss Florida could potentially face is one at LSU, because they will be geeked up to face Florida, but I think Florida rolls through that one. (Unless 98 more Gators get arrested, but then Urban Meyer will just say that the cops aren't welcome and the fuzz will be forced to buy a seat in 37F to watch the games.) Tebow is just too good and this year, instead of hating him, I will enjoy watching the greatest fullback EVER to play college football. Tennessee goes 4-8, 6-6 if they get ALL of the breaks. Laney will regret opening his mouth. He will also find it harder to recruit kids after he goes 4-8 as well. Kentucky and Vandy will both hoover around 6-6 or 7-5 and SoCar once again falls well short of expectations. Georgia, I've said it before and will say it again: 9-3 with a 10th win in the CapitalOne or Outback Bowl. Whatever. Bring on Aaron Murray! (Oh course, talk to me 10 minutes before kickoff against Okie State, and I may be saying 10-2...)

2 comments:

Paul Mac's Sleazy 25 said...

You're all wet on the Cowboys; they go down week one! at best they are maybe just outside the top 10.

I'm not quite sure about the ACC but it should be VT. The ACC could be wide open this year though I don't think any team is really elite other than VT.

I like where you have Bama and PSU.

I imagine that you think Houston Nutt has some new defenders and a left tackle to plug in the rather large holes lost from last year. If all goes well they could win the west but I think Bama has a little too much for them. If Nutt wins this one it will be on the level of the Peyton Hillis wheel route of death against the LSU national championship team.

Speaking of which. I find it sort of odd you don't have LSU anywhere in the top 15 considering so many people think they will fight with Bama for the West.

If Colt McCoy wins the Heisman he will be pulling the 3rd rightful trophy away from Tim Tebow who will again deserve it only to be black balled by Midwestern journalists... exactly like last year.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I think Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy are better leaders than Sam Bradford and I think Texas was better than Chokelahoma last year and they are better this year.

I don't know much at all about Kansas but QB's count for wins. The Pac 10 could also be interesting.

I also notice you aren't buying in to the Irish comeback in south bend.... Fupwned

Anonymous said...

Uga is way too high. Should be around 22 or 23. Tech is a top ten team. Okie St, Ole Miss, and Ohio St are too high. Okie St. will beat the dogs, but will lose 4 maybe 5 games. Pryor is all hype, and can't throw the ball. Ole Miss has an easy schedule, but living up to expectations will be a real burden(UGA knows about that). They'll lose 3 games. Stick to teen soap operas, football is beyond your realm. 45-42, suck it!