Monday, June 1, 2009

Paul Mac Sticks up for Williams Sistahs

After Fletcher's Twitter called Serena and Venus out last week, basically saying how those two have ZERO right to EVER complain about their place in women's tennis due to THEIR self-imposed vacations from the sport to pursue fashion, acting and art, Sleazy P Paul Mac thought he would fire back in defense of the two most dominant tennis players ever.

For whatever reason, Paul Mac had a problem with my statement of "I would consider both of them two of the biggest wastes of talent EVER. Are you flipping kidding me though? They should have shattered Steffi Graf's records. But they got bored with tennis and only NOW seem to be interested again, now that they are "over the hill" in tennis terms. too bad."

Sez Paul Mac...Consider if you will the amount of absolute will and focus it takes to get to the level they had attained in tennis. You give up vast parts of your life to achieve that level. Then when you have a ton of money... hard for me to take shots at people who have been so focused in their lives to get to that level achieve that level of success and then not take some time to enjoy it or work on other interests for a while. You only get one life after all.

2 comments:

SBF Tennis Correspondent said...

FINE. That is FINE. I am TOTALLY cool with that.

All I ask is that IF YOU DO decide to give up your prime to pursue other interests, don't win and complain when you struggle to come back and are nowhere near where you once were.

Also, don't complain about how you should be a top seed in a tournament when you don't play on a regular basis.

Also, don't bemoan your lack of titles compared to other people when YOU TOOK YOUR FOCUS AWAY FROM TENNIS.

Sleazy P said...

Ah, well see that's different, but my level of paying attention to women's tennis mainly involves my watching the ones that are attractive to me so I kind of ignore virtually anything read or said by them.

Wish I could have ignored Nadal's pink shirt at Roland Garros on Sunday. First capris, then pink.