Thursday, January 14, 2010

I give you permission to punch me in the face...

....if I ever throw myself a party.

I guess I am lucky in the fact that I have a wonderful wife and awesome friends that get together to plan and throw me parties if I have big events happening in my life. I would never need to throw myself a party.

And on that end, I am also grateful for a party that my friends and family provide for me and I don't feel the need to throw one for myself. I have faith in my loved ones and they always come through. And that is plenty enough for me. And if for whatever reason a party wasn't thrown for me, that's fine too. I don't need one. Anytime everyone is together is party enough for me.

Listen, just like everyone else, I like to be the center of attention, but I like to come by that naturally and not where I am thrusting myself into a situation that dictates that I be praised because everyone came at my bidding. That just isn't me.

If I ever decide to say, "Friends, Family, Loved ones, whatever you were planning is NOT good enough. I'm going to do things myself!" and then create my own party complete with E-Vite and then send out reminders/additions on the e-vite everyday to the point where people just want the friggin' party to be overwith, I give you permission to punch me RIGHT in the face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm? I wander what brought this up. 45-42, suck it!