Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Midweek Entertainment report 1/13/10

Spiderman is repeating itself, Jay Leno's show sucks, NBC only NOW figured it out, Sarah Palin debuts on Fox and Simon decides he's had enough of Idol.

Ladies and gentlemen, the MIDWEEK ENTERTAINMENT REPORT!

Clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap!

Tobey McGuire and Sam Remi are out of Spiderman4 and the franchise will apparently hit the restart button and go back to Peter Parker in high school. Look, maybe this isn't such a bad thing. Did anyone REALLY believe Tobey McGuire was a superhero? I say no. I believe he was a nerd ala Peter Parker, but he couldn't beat up any villains. I just never bought it. Kind of like how Michael Keaton was "Bruce Wayne" and "Batman." Sorry just not buying it. I believe Christian Bale as the Dark Knight, but Keaton? No. Perhaps they can even get Chris Nolan to do the Spiderman stuff like how he saved the Batman franchise. The reset button was pressed there, for the better. Hopefully the Spiderman franchise can be saved too...Though I don't know any of the villains of the spiderman comics like I did with Batman (for my thoughts on 28-year-olds reading comics, click on our archives to get my opinion), I'm sure a better director/writer and a better lead could really set Spiderman up for good things. Sam, Tobey, PEACE. If you really care about the character, you both should be happy.

Sarah Palin has dropped out of office as Alaska Governor and has written a book. Yep, TV was the next logical thing, though I'm not certain that this will help her if she REALLY DOES want to run for Prez in 2012. This is step two in a money grab though, after the book and next would be turning the book into a movie where she is an exec producer with Brian Glazer. Who knows, she may go on to a starring role on The View. It could happen. ya never know.

SO NBC has announced that Jay Leno's 10pm show is being scrapped after the Olympics and he'll maybe move back to 11:35 to 12:05, thus backing up Conan to 12:05 (JUST LIKE JIMMY K!) and thus backing up Fallon. CBS looks like the big winner here with Letterman and the awful Craig Ferguson...Expect FOX to make another run at Conan, who might actually go. I'd be kinda pissed with NBC and you KNOW Fox would promote the HECK out of you on NFL and MLB and everything else. Oh, but where will I watch reruns of News Radio and Elimidate if Conan moves to late night Fox Affiliates? Crud.

Finally, American Idol kicked off yet another season last night (I was doing basketball for gpb.org/basketball, so I missed it. darn) and it will be Simon's final season as a judge. All of what is airing now was taped before he announced that this is it. It will be interesting to see how everyone plays it as his last season. Will Seacrest mention it until the finale? Will they make a point to discuss it? Will everyone just ignore it? Hmmmmmmmmmm, only randy will remain as an original judge. But at least Ellen is on board now. Gawd, that should be AWFUL. And PS, I don't know why Fox shows all of these losers in the early episodes. I think America is getting sick of them. Show more good people PLEASE. Otherwise you have people like me that only start to watch once they get to Hollywood.

Thanks everybody. Have a great rest of the week!

No comments: