Monday, April 6, 2009

Could this be the BEST WEEK OF PREMIERES EVER?

I don't know if the honchos that run TV (my cabinet I guess, since I am the president of TV) all got together and decided, "let's put all of our premieres on the same week just to please Sportsbyfletch! I mean it IS the Year of Fletcher!"

Seriously though, tonight we get The Hills BACK IN ACTION (and from the looks of the previews, it appears the writers have stepped up the content of this season. Could they have felt the scathing words Sportsbyfletch had for them after last season?) and throw in the phoenix that is House with last week and tonight....and I have a SERIOUS dilemma: the NCAA title game with UNC v Michigan State (a rematch of a 35-point UNC win at the SAME VENUE) or House & Hills? What am I to do? House and Hills, clearly.

Then Wednesday after Lie to Me (not a premiere, but I need to start watching that again) I've got the newest batch of Inferno/Duel/Gauntlet on MTV (not sure which one it is officially, but you CAN bank on TJ being involved. HELP HIM! HE'S FALLEN INTO THE MTV REALITY STAR TRAP THAT LET'S PEOPLE DO THOSE SHOWS INSTEAD OF GETTING REAL JOBS! TJ, I think the ACL has healed if you want to get back to your day job...and take your lazy eye with you! Challenging challenge!) I love those shows. These people are seriously KILLING themselves for about 6000 instead of getting real jobs. LOVE IT.

Finally Ryan Atwood is BACK on TV only for some reason he gave up his gig as an architect and is now a cop. I wonder if he took into consideration the kid he potentially adopted in the finale of The OC when he switched careers. you'd have thought that architect would pay more and would be a little safer. And do we think Taylor Townsend will be in SouthLAnd? I hope so.

Throw in Tim Riggins' final appearance on FNL this Friday and you have QUITE a week of TV. Very excited. VERY excited.

(PS, Speaking on FNL, they almost HAD to lose the state championship game. I was calling for Saracen to come in to play QB, but maybe after JD McCoy pitched his little hissy fit and he stayed in the locker room, perhaps he should have continued to sulk instead of coming out onto the field with about 30 seconds left. Dude, YOU ARE THE REASON THE DEFENSE BROKE DOWN AT THE END! Karma! Oh well. Still a little shaky on how that is going to be next season when he is the only returning player we know. But like I said last week, the writers got us to love Matt and Riggins, I have faith they can do it again. But maybe we focus a little on some of the defensive players TOO next season? MAYBE? Just a thought. Even in the movie you had the LB and the safety. The DEFENSE can come up with a big play or two to magically win you a ballgame there WRITERS. Just a thought. Oh, and another thought: spinoff that follows Riggins to San Antonio for college? Saturday Afternoon Lights? It could work!)

No comments: