Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Midweek Entertainment report 4/29

The Swine Flu hits, The Hills WILL be back, Idol goes Rat Pack-but not really.

Ladies and gentlemen, the midweek entertainment report!

CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP!


The swine flu has put TT into a tizzy about my trip to Cabo next week. Let me put this out there....SPORTSBYFLETCH's Mexico correspondent WILL be going to Mexico next week, swine flu be darned. So if I do go to Cabo (to a 5-star resort btw and not the inner-city of Mexico City aka the dirtiest city in the world), and I get the flu, BIG WHOOP! I don't get sick except once a year anyways and last time I went, I didn't even get that Montezuma's revenge that everyone was telling me I'd get. I doubt my nose will turn into a snout and I doubt I will sprout a tail. Listen, I am a healthy 27 year old who works out regularly. I am not an OLD frail person and I am not a newborn baby that hasn't gotten his shots yet. As for the school in NY that are closing....the wussification of America right there. GET A GRIP parents! It is the sniffles. THE FREAKING FLU! This is America NOT MEXICO. Of course people are dying from the flu down there. They don't have Walgreens down there to go out and by some Dimeatap. Bottom line, I am not scared of the swine flu. I'm healthy, I've had my shots as an infant and if I DO get sick, I'll get over the flu in 3 or 4 days like I ALWAYS do! THE FLU! Quit freaking out people!

The Hills will go on, only it will be without LC. MTV and the rest of the crew will continue Season 5 but it will be without Lauren because I guess she is getting tired of having her life scripted for her. What will she do next? Continue her clothing line? (Is anyone buying that?) Star in cinemax movies? Marry a rich guy? I wonder. Apparently the next season will center on Speidi. I still think MTV missed out on doing the entire wedding process, (That would have been great TV), but Spiedi will be WAY better than ANYTHING LC could have done. Her ship has sailed. More Brodrina and More Speidi! Bring it ON!

Finally, Idol last night was supposed to do The Rat Pack, but then they changed it to "Standards" and NO ONE did ANY Rat Pack. Oh well. If I had to rank the performances, I'd say GohomeGokey was best, followed by Kris Allen, Adam (pretty disappointing, considering I was pumped when I heard what song he was planning), Allison and then Moley-er Matt. I think the bottom three will be MoleyMatt, 17-going-on-57 Allison, and Kris. I think Moley will be going home.

Thanks everybody. Have a great rest of the week! Avoid the Swine flu, but if you DO get it, DON'T WORRY. You live in America and will be FINE! OINK! OINK!

No comments: