Monday, April 13, 2009

Why are they ALWAYS beating us?

When I heard that ESPN would be broadcasting Georgia's spring game aka G-Day, I was pumped. I watched ESPN slurp all over Florida last year for their game and I couldn't wait for the slurpfest to start in Athens.

Then I started to watch the game.....and fell asleep. What a boring friggin' game! 6-3 until 9 seconds remained.

Dropped passes, six I believe. Good to see the Michael Moore is ready to step up and take MoMass's plac......wait. Maybe he isn't. Crap. Hope you enjoyed the double teams during the spring game AJ. You'll see more of them this year. That is, IF Joe Cox can even get you the ball...

NO running game to speak of. Caleb King doesn't look like he cares about being a star at Georgia. Charlton Thomas looks more like Tyson Browning than Noel Devine. Munzenmeier looks like he could be the short yardage back that Georgia needs, like Florida has with Tebow. 1st and goal from the 2, Fred is getting INTO the endzone. (you know who I am?)

Justin Houston looked pretty good, pretty solid, but I wonder if he is really THAT much improved or if the o-line isn't as good as we were hoping it would be.

As far as the QBs go, Cox wasn't the force I hoped he would be. His arm just wasn't there at times. Logan Gray piled up stats on dump-offs, not much more. Can he run, yeah, but so what. Not impressed. Mettenberger was nervous (hello REDshirt!) but Murray looked like he had the best arm of the bunch. I was kind of hoping that Cox and Gray could hold this season down and Murray and Mettenberger could BOTH redshirt, but maybe I was asking for too much there.

I DO think the defensive secondary will be better than last year. I like Brandon Boykin at Asher Allen's old spot and I like the idea of Bryan Evans at Safety. throw in Sanders Commings and I think the DBs will be alright. (Remember, Prince Miller is returning and can be the physical corner with Boykin as the athletic/jumper corner.)

The LBs should get a boost with Marcus Washington and he looked pretty good back there. All the LBs looked good and with CWhite, Rennie Curran, Dowtin, and Washington, this unit should be alright.

Now let's just get the DEs ready to go. When Owens comes back along with Geno Atkins, there will be push from inside, but Houston needs some help on the outside. Dobbs, Battle, I'm looking at YOU TWO!

After the spring game, I am thinking 9-3. It PAINS me to say that too. No way this team is beating Okie State ON THE ROAD, they lose to LSU (and that defense). I think they beat Tech, but they get crushed by Florida. Hey they'll win a bowl game against Penn State in the Outback, but who cares? 10-3, big whoop.

And back to the Spring game. Last year, Florida was able to unveil Tebow's heisman honor on the ring of fame. They had that race for a scholarship and there was scoring. It was a two-hour commercial for Florida and they certainly got into some recruits' minds with that game. NO WAY people are talking about this game next year. NO WAY. There was nothing noteworthy about Saturday and it was NOT the commercial UGA wanted. NO WAY. I can't see there being a kid in SoCal that watched that game and thought, "Wow, I want to go play in THAT offense so the WR can drop my passes!"

I wanted people to be talking about Georgia but I fear the only thing they are talking about is the inept offense....if they are talking at all.

No comments: