Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hello Friends, It's a tradition unlike ANY other...

The MASTERS!
It is crazy, this is ONE golf tourney that even Wifey doesn't mind watching because of how beautiful the course is. And that we can watch it in high def...wow. Should be fun. It will be like I'm there maybe, only it won't be a fricking cold like it was Saturday in 07 when I was there. We also hope to have our Masters correspondent Paul Mac weighing in with his thoughts.

I DO have several questions though entering the tournament (which teed off about 2.5 hours ago).

#1 What ever happened to Rory Sabbatini, who WASN'T scared of Tiger? And hey, is Ian Poultier EVER going to live up to his potential and compete with Tiger? (His words, not mine...)

#2 Can Paddy Harrington make it three Majors in a row? That would be quite Tiger-like if he could. He's a guy I'd LOVE to see in the final pairing on Sunday, matched up head to head with Tiger.

#3 Can Mickleson compete if Tiger is in the hunt? Doubt it. He only seems to do well when Tiger is off his game. Mickleson has NEVER won a major when Tiger is breathing down his neck. But then again, I've never been all that clutch at the DFBGC. I always seem to run away with the trophy and choke when the going gets tough. Maybe I'm Mickleson only without the moobs! I hope not...

#4 Will this be the event that Anthony Kim breaks through? He has done it in non-majors, and he made Sergio crap his pants Tiger-style last year at the Ryder Cup. Now AK needs to win a major to officially announce his arrival. Imagine his belt buckle if he manages to capture this one. Would he try and get a matching buckle? You have to wonder. If I cannot have Tiger v Phil or Tiger v Harrington in my final pairing, I hope I get Paddy v AK.

#5 Can anyone beat Tiger? I tell you, after watching Bay Hill, I don't think so. It isn't that I dislike Tiger. I think his win last year at the US Open was one of the most amazing sporting events I've ever seen. One-legged Tiger takes home a title...but I did enjoy seeing others rise up, Paddy and AK being the two I've noted. I hope those two can now be the HHH and ROCK to Tiger's Stone Cold. Let's just hope that they can sustain their success from the Tiger-free time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoy your HD....thanks to my bad timing and Direct TV already blowing it, we get to watch Sunday at the Masters in NON-HD. Josh might divorce me before we even get married.