Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Last Midweek Entertainment report

I know I said last week that I would keep doing the entertainment report, but with the morning roundup for www.scoreatl.com, this site is really getting to be too much. So this week will be the final week of Sportsbyfletch. Sorry guys. If you really want to know my thoughts on stuff, you can always call me. Thanks for being loyal readers.

But on to the last Midweek entertainment report!

Panthers will play again in 2010 and 2011, Kris is ubertalented, Mike Anderson reups with Mizzou and ER is going away....finally.

Ladies and gentlemen, the FINAL Midweek entertainment report!

Sad clap sad clap, sad clap, sad clap, sad clap

NBC, Friday Night Lights and DirecTV agreed to two more season of FNL to be released on DTV then NBC, much like the show did this year. THAT IS AWESOME. Friday Night Lights is the best written show on TV (Sorry House, Lie to Me, but only Mad Men can really compete and I don't get half of that stuff, so FNL wins), and has the best Dad/husband character currently on TV in Coach Eric Taylor aka Kyle Chandler. I caught last week's episode last night and it was pretty good. I am not sure that Taylor and McCoy have the chemistry just yet, but by next season it should be rocking and rolling. The only bad part is that Riggins is leaving the show, I am assuming as he is set to graduate. That is GOOD news that Saracen is leaving as is Lyla, but too bad Riggins and Julie are both exiting. The show will have to develop more player characters and they haven't done that much, other than McCoy. It will be interesting to see how the writers make us love a new team. I have faith in them. They made me love Matt and Landry and Street and Riggins two years ago. They can do it again. Just gotta have faith and I do. TWO MORE YEARS! WoooHOOO! I feel like we just reupped a Congressman! Congressman Taylor!

American Idol let its remaining hopefuls sing downloaded songs on iTunes last night. And yet people STILL messed up song choices. MEMO TO LIL ROUNDS: THE JUDGES PRETTY MUCH DID THIS SO YOU COULD DO MARY J, YET YOU MANAGED TO SCREW THAT UP! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? And while I used to love Megan Joy, now she is starting to enter Sanjaya territory for me. She realizes she has some fans so she decided to basically say F-U to the judges and depend on her "fans" to vote her in. Well let me break something to ya: I saw the spare tire on your sides there. You just lost MAJOR hot points for the side/back fat there.
On a more positive note: Kris Allen is quite good. I made the analogy last week to Wifey that Kris is Brian McCann: he won't be the home run hitter, but he does hit.399 and hits sharp doubles and crisp singles seemingly every time up. He plays the guitar AND piano and can arrange a song like a mutha**cka. Might be the most talented in this aspect the show has EVER had. Danny is the best singer, Adam is the best showman and Kris might be the most talented behind the scenes-wise, yet the dude can STILL SING. Good for him.
If I was arranging the order of last night: Danny, Kris, Adam, Scott, Matt, Lil, Rocker girl, Megan, Anoop. But my bottom three: Lil, Anoop and Rocker girl with Anoop going home. Just one man's opinion.

Mike Anderson decided to turn down 2.1M per season to take 1.6 from Mizzou. Wow. I was listening to Pollack and Bell yesterday and a NON-Georgia fan called and asked why Anderson was even considering this to which Pollack said, "SHOW ME THE MONEY!"
That is stupid. The real answer is that, while yes the money is good, you have a HUGE talent base (more so than Mizzou) and why couldn't UGA have a great program. Damon Evans of Georgia is clearly now interested in building the basketball team. He just poured 30M into a practice facility and next is the basketball arena. IT IS COMING. The caller said, "Oh course Tennessee and Florida can, but not Georgia." Why not, they want to do well and the measures and now being put into place. Georgia's potential talent base is better than UK, Tennessee, SoCar, Vandy, Auburn, Bama, Miss and Miss State in JUST THE SEC. PLUS, under Harrick the place was packed in the 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons. You can show attendance figures all you want, but I WAS THERE INSIDE THE ARENA. IT WAS PACKED AND LOUD. Students were lining up 4 hours before the game started. A GOOD team makes that happen again. A good coach gets that good team. Now, you have to go after the Butler guy and throw JUST AS MUCH money at him. Or go back and see if Knight wants to come to town for 3 years and then handpick his successor. You MUST have the splash and Haith and/or Purnell WON'T DO IT! Plus, if I was a coach, I think I'd WANT to come to a program where I WOULD WRITE THE HISTORY BOOK! ME! I AM the Rupp or the Coach K or the Dean Smith of Georgia. ME! No pressure (except from Sportsbyfletch, but that is going away next week) and just students packing it out to watch your guys ball.

Finally, ER is going away tomorrow. Never watched the show, but without it, we never would have had Grey's Anatomy or George Cloony. And without ER, how would we know about Darfur? (is that what it is called? Is that how you spell it? I still really don't know what it is) I say hurry up and leave ER, so we can get SouthLAnd. RYAN ATWOOD! Wooooohoooooooo!

Thanks everybody. Hope you enjoyed it and ps.............
APRIL FREAKING FOOLS! You really think I'd do away with SBF? Friggin' crazy! See you next week and check back for Survivor Cuba later today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was a mean trick!!!!